Lake Greenwood 6/14

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by tigerman10, Jun 15, 2009.

1. tigerman10

tigerman10 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Hooked up with an old friend and went to Greenwood sunday morning. We started out drifting just above the 221 bridge and caught a couple small channels and some shellcrackers. We then went down lake and spent the rest of the day below Goat island. Once we found a pattern we caught 12 good channels in the 4-9lbs range. topped that off with about 25 good bream and shellcrackers while catfishing. We pulled out of the water right around 6. All the cats where caught on stinkbait; sonny's, catfish charlies and premo. Shellcrackers and a turtle were on nightcrawlers, lol. Boat traffic was rough so we found fish on small creek channels with good drop offs close to banks. Hope this helps.......

2. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Sounds like a fun day of Smackdowns to me. Good catch and thanks for the report.

3. Cutbait101

Cutbait101 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Thanks for the report Ben,sounds like a good day!:big_smile:

4. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Nice catch, Ben - and welcome to the BOC!

5. tigerman10

tigerman10 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    it was definitely a fun day and I learned alot. This whole catfishing thing is pretty new to me so i was excited to find fish on a tougher day.