Lake Greenwood: 5/16/08

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Patmansc, May 17, 2008.

1. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Went to Greenwood with Pop Pop this morning to install new bunks on my trailer, as the old ones were rotting out. Needed to float the boat off of the trailer so that we could switch them out. Once done, we thought we would see if we could find a whisker fish or 2. The wind was blowing pretty strong, and we had to use 2 drift socks, but we managed to throw the smackdown on 12 nice channels, using white perch & the lucky shrimp. Had one hit a rod so hard it knocked opened the bail on the reel and bent the rod so that we thought it was gonna break. Fought the fish almost to the boat but it came off just before we could see what it wuz :crazy: I was sure that it was gonna be my new channel PB, but now it's just another "one that got away" fish story. :smile2:

2. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Sounds like fun either way Pat. I need to float down towards Greenwood soon myself.

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a great fishing trip. congrats

4. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Congrats guys! Those channels in Greenwood are going to file a restraining order agenst you guys if yall keep on putting a hurting on 'em!

5. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Just a quick follow-up: Pop Pop & I CPR 99% of all fish (100% of all fish over 5#) that we catch. We may keep 1 or 2 to eat every now & then, or we'll keep one if he's swallered the hook and is bleeding, but mostly we wanna protect this great fishery for our grandkids.

6. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Worked hard with the wind and still gave er da smack down I see...nice ; )

Pat I was thinking of ya the other night before fishing so I grabbed me some shrimps. Even Jim was excited to try but we just couldn't get a hit off one : ( All joking set aside...I know the darn things work but not for me. So I'm convinced that you are gonna have to do some kind of shrimps blessings for me. I even call them " shrimps " like you do, just hoping to make the gods happy......no luck.

Pat I'm glad you guys are back out and at it. You guys doing the Tuesday/Thursday thing ? Any hoot, thanks to you and Doug for reporting again... Tell lurking Chris I said ' Hello " for me.

Get er done guys !!!!
    -Jim-

7. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    10-4 Jim, will do:wink:. Yeah we've been chasing and spankings cats every wk all winter and spring:big_smile:. We just decided it was time to start posting again. It's been waaaay to long. and it's fun! Besides what else are two old retired farts like us to do. But chase our beloved whisker heads around, give it our all ,and laugh at everything! :smile2:

Anyway you and the Capt. been on roll boy!! I predict more PB's for ya'll this year. It's early and Hartwell holds some Major Hogs :wink:.

8. QBQ

QBQ New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thanks for the report. Great job on the catch
    Can't wait to get back out myself.