Lake Greenwood 3/4

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by catfishing365, Mar 4, 2007.

1. catfishing365

catfishing365 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Hello all, Today we hit Greenwood to find the wind still kickin. Water was a little rough, but better than yesterday(from background of Chris's picture). Fished on bottom, drifted, tried everything but all we could come up with was a few bites, and missed hook sets. My father-in-law ( who is a crappie guy) was with us on this adventure. So while waiting on the cats to hit, we managed to catch 7 crappie between 3 of us.I know this is no crappie board, but at least we put some kind of meat in the boat. I don't know if it is all the rain we had, or if I have fished myself into a rut,nevertheless I will not give up,I have just missplaced my horseshoe, and I am looking franticly to find it.

2. stuckinthehole3

stuckinthehole3 New Member

State:
    SC
    ive never tried greenwood. hope you get some next time.

3. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    I couldnt buy a bite saturday on the lower end of the lake, all the fish we caught where up closer to the rivers.

4. catfishing365

catfishing365 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    We fished some creek run-ins, but all of the fishing was on the mid to lower part of the lake.I don't know if it was true, but a guy at the Nu-Way store said the flood gates were to stay open till 2pm today, so we did not go too far down the lake,figured the current would be strong.

5. Ed1943

Ed1943 New Member

State:
    Florida
    LOOKING TO MEETING YOU ALL SOON. I LOVE TO CATFISH. WE WILL BE MOVING TO GREENWOOD IN MARCH. WE HAVE A HOUSE ON THE LAKE. CAN'T WAIT.

ED