Lake Greenwood 3/24 and 3/26

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by chrisblue, Mar 26, 2007.

1. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Saturday was alright but not as good as it should be.We ended up with 12 channels with the biggest 3 at 7, 8, and 11lbs, there in the picture.All where caught on cut gizzard shad from 3 to 10 foot of water trolling at 0.3 to 0.6.Today was bad :sad2: I had a reporter with me to do a report on the big channels in Greenwood.He kept the camera strapped around his neck so he could get plenty of pictures of some 10+ lb channels which is fairly common on Greenwood.Well we managed to catch 12 fish again and not one of them was over 6 lbs.The first problem of the morning was the gizzard shad got abducted by UFO's sunday night and I couldnt catch any so we had to settle for cramming 4 and 5 threadfin shad on each hook which I hate.I tried to cut and prepare those little shad every way I could think of to make them look presentable to a big fish and they just wouldnt have it.I also tried some new offset eye Eagle Claw circles and had around 30 pull downs and no hookups.Needless to say I want be useing them any more, I'll stick with the plain eye circles.I guess it could have been worst but it sure was aggrevateing.

2. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Alright heres the picture, there aint nothin workin right today.:big_smile:

Attached Files:

3. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    of all the days....why that one...you just can't spend one day with a person and judge them from what ever happens on that one day (good or bad)...the huge stringers that you continually produce time after time speaks for themselves...i'm sure he will still publish a good article.

4. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    chris...after a lot of thought i finally figured out what you did wrong yesterday...you did not carry along your good luck charm that won you the tourny at santee:lol: your wife!!!:big_smile:

5. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    :lol: You probably right.

6. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I'll be on the lower end of Greenwood tomorrow crappie fishing. Somewhere around Lighthouse Landing to Goat Island area.

7. krabaholic

krabaholic New Member

State:
    PA
    Chris,
    Were the 30 pull downs on the Yellow Tipped Rods?:big_smile:

8. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    :lol: He he no Ed they wouldnt I didnt even have them out.

9. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I caught some nice size white perch and two good crappie. Nobody seemed to fairing to well today.

10. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    "...gizzard shad got abducted by UFO's sunday night..."

The UFO's have been a problem on SC lakes for the past few weeks. We had the same issue at Wateree a few weeks ago. Burn marks could be seen near the landing where we think the UFO landed. We are not sure if they are using a cast net to get the fish or a particle beam to teleport them from the water.

SCDNR and NCWRC biologists have theorized that this is how the blueback herring may have gotten into Lake Wylie. While not published, research has shown that this is the most plausible way they fish could have arrived in the reservoir. They are also examining a correlation between UFO’s and so called stolen cars. They believe that the parts they do not need, i.e. tires, are also discarded in the lake.

11. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    :lol: :lol: I think its the particle beam.