Lake Greenwood 12/22/09

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by pop pop, Dec 22, 2009.

1. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    My friend Curt {Deepwater1} and I had not fished G-wood in awhile. So we headed there today for fun, laughs and cat slime:big_smile:. It started with a dead battery at the landing :crazy:. After swapping the cranking battery with a backup trolling battery, we were on our way. We searched for a bit with the sonar and found a promising spot. We set out drifting it and caught 2 and lost one. Still feeling good about the area, we drifted it again catching 5. We started to drift it again and the motor wouldn't stay running:eek:oooh:. Finally after 15 mins and figuring out there was a fuel blockage we could do nothing about at the time, we got it running! Being 5 mile from the landing we crawled back at a little more than idle speed, But we made it!
    End result was a dead battery, a fuel system problem and 7 fat channels in 2 1/2 hours.

We still had fun and laughs. What else can ya do?:big_smile:

2. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Glad you made it back!

3. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Well, 2 1/2 hours of cat-smackin' is better'n none. Glad ery'thing turned out ok :smile2:

4. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Good job guys ; )~

I'll call you and Pat Friday to see what Santa brought yas , LOL.

-Jim-

5. QBQ

QBQ New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Better than work..

6. GEORGE2

GEORGE2 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Great catch considering all the boat troubles. Hey when it rains it pours, I was fishing Cedar Creek one night in the summer when the big motor cut off and would'nt start back up. I thought no problem its nice out tonight we'll just use the trolling motor to get us back in. The trolling ran for about 30 minutes before it quit, glad you guys made it in safe and thanks for the G-wood report.

7. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Y'all made it work out fine! Good day!

BB in SC