Lake Greenwood 12/19/07

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by JimmyJonny, Dec 20, 2007.

1. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Once again pop pop, Pat, and I headed out to Greenwood for some channels. This was the last trip of 2007 for Pat because , well, it's the holidays and it's family time ; ) Let me say...his year couldn't have ended up much better. I think our total landed fish was 14 channels.

You know most of the time we weigh them all and take pic's but this trip was different. I think this time for the most part it didn't matter, we were just there for the fun, and o boy, did we have fun !!! Those fish were unreal yesterday....I couldn't begin to guess how many times them rods bent slap over, LOL. We had a few fish that were pretty heavy but I'm guessing we had some wisher hooks because they were on solid and then gone.

The day didn't bring any Pb fish but it gave me my Pb most cats in a day...and nice ones at that. At one point I was reeling one in and the rod next to me slammed over..here I am holding tension on my fish and reeling in other rod to hook the 2nd fish....MAN THAT WAS FUN !!!!, that also was a first for me ; )

I honesty don't know who caught ( I now wish I could remember, lol ) what and I only took 2 pics, one is me with a #10 and pop pop's pic is of a #12...if those weights aren't correct the guys can post it. The others were also good fish but the pic's and weights weren't a priority.

Water temp was 51f and winds were prolly close to 10mph. The winds were shifting so much we had to make a lot of short drifts in order to produce productive catching drifts. The fish didn't seem to hold any patter. Some were caught in deep water and some in shallow. I also believe that most were caught on shad.

Once again I would like the thank the guys for a exciting day on the water. Only a few pic's but a lot of great new memories ; )

http://imageigloo.com/images/7080100_1692.jpg

http://imageigloo.com/images/1012100_1694.jpg

-Jim-

2. tony

tony New Member

State:
    lake Murray sc
    thats what it's all about brother!! friendship,fellowship and having a great time!! fishing is the great American sport!! Merry Christmas to all and to all a great CATFISH this year!!!

3. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    What a great day we had: Once again the notorious Pop Pop was able to demonstrate what a major Greenwood smackdown was all about :big_smile: 14 beautiful channels in the boat. The water continues to cool there (51 degrees) but the action was hot, except for one time when Jim milked his turn on the rods for more than 1 hour, so we demoted him to the bait rod & immediately resumed catching fish again (never seen 1 man miss so many fish in a row using circle hooks) :smile2: Regardless, this was my last fishing trip for the year :sad2:, but I'll be back on it come January 8!! Thanks, guys, for a fun time.

4. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Congratulations on a great day of fishing, sounds like a lot of fun was had by all. Thanks for sharing the story and pics:cool2:.

5. tony

tony New Member

State:
    lake Murray sc
    have a great holiday Pat!!!! and everyone else in the BOC world!!!

6. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Thanks, Tony - same to you.

7. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    good haul guys,looks like yall have em figured out pretty good now,looks like yall gonna be the team to beat in febuary at the catmen tourney if yall fish it,i guess we gone have to put one of those tracking devices on old pop pops boat now:smile2:

8. catfish lilly

catfish lilly New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Thanks,Tony-
    We hope you have a good one to and all of the b.o.c and soc,
    MERRY CHIRSTMAS AND NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!
    :big_smile::wink::cool2::eek:oooh:.......

9. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    hey even losing fish is fun ; )~