Lake Greenwood 12/14

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Patmansc, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Tried Greenwood again today. Started out about 10:30 in fog so thick I could hardly see where I was going :crazy: It cleared up in about 1 hor or so, and my 1st hit of the day at 11:45 was a white perch, which quickly became bait. Next hit was around 4:30 - a 5# channel, followed a few minutes later by a dink. And that wuz it for the day.

2. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    The warm weather has got em confused they are on the move alot lately.Some days you have that, dont give up :big_smile: you know they are there.

3. SC Hartwell

SC Hartwell New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Good Job Pat! Seems like you would have better luck out there than on Hartwell right now! How long does it take you to get from greenville to greenwood?

4. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Good deal Pat.

I might go crappie fishing at Greenwood soon.

5. Beaufort

Beaufort New Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    you'll getem next time pat.

6. Patmansc

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Thanks for the encouragement, guys!!!!! I definitely do better At Greenwood that at Hartwell. It's about 63 miles from my garage to the boat ramp, and it takes about 75 minutes. Thomas - if you do get to go crappie fishing I hope that you catch a bunch!

7. tony

tony New Member

State:
    lake Murray sc
    stay positive!!!! the weather the next 5 days is going to really mess things up!!!! way too warm!!!! positive thoughts equals positive results!!
    good cattin to all!!!

8. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Thanks Pat. I know I'll be fishing more after deer season is over with.

9. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    pat...i was wondering if you were fishing the same area of the lake as you were on 12/11 when you caught those channels and that blue?? other than the white perch...what were your bait choices?? BETTER DAYS AHEAD !!! :smile2:

10. Patmansc

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Yep, Craig, Same area as the 11th, except in the fog was I on the opposite side of where I was on Monday for a while. Discovered a coupla drop-offs around 30' deep that looked like were holding some nice-sized fish, but they probably needed to be fished while anchored, and I was drifting with my trolling motor. I don't have GPS but I think that I can find 'em again my next trip out there.

11. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    i hope that you do find 'em pat...good luck !!!!

12. catfishing365

catfishing365 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I have never had weather play a part, fishing at Greenwood. They may bite at different parts of the night, but I have allways caught nice cats every trip there. Depending on the weather, I will fish at different depts. I love this magnificent body of water. I will be glad to share most of what I know about Greenwood to help any brother out.

13. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Theres a tournament on Greenwood Jan. 13th if you want more info let me know.

14. catfishing365

catfishing365 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    yes, I would love some more info on the tournament at greenwood!

15. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Its January 13th out of Harris Landing start time is 6:30am end at 3:00pm be in weigh-in line by 4:00.Entry fee is $110 per boat 2 person limit per boat.5 fish limit alive.The director usually gets there about 5:45 to 6:00 so you can pay and get registered.That blue cat that Foothills is holding come out of Greenwood.What about the flatheads do you fish for them any?

16. catfishing365

catfishing365 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    thanks so mouc for the info, i will be there. yes, I mainly fish for flatheads. taht is an awesome cat in that pic.

17. The Penn Slammer

The Penn Slammer New Member

State:
    Princeton, West
    How does Greenwood rate as a crappie lake in South Carolina? I was there a few times and thought it was great but I am just a hillbilly trying to learn a few pointers so I dont waste my time in sorry fisheries.

18. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Its a pretty good crappie lake too.Alot of folks on the crappie site fish it.

19. The Penn Slammer

The Penn Slammer New Member

State:
    Princeton, West
    I am sitting in 8 degree weather in southern West Virginia jealous of all these fish you are catching.I have fished Wylie,Greenwood,Rabon,Marion,Moultrie,Clark Hill,and Monticello and I can hardly wait to get down south again for some line stretching action. I can tell you are fond of Monticello and I must say that after 3 evenings of fishing there I can understand why.The largest one in my boat there has been 42 lbs and I wonder how big they are in that lake? Five years of the single life in Rock Hill spoiled me and now after a bitter divorce here I am about ready to move back to that area to enjoy the Lakes again.I will continue to watch for your stories about Monticello and the other lakes. The past couple of years I have fished Marion,Moultrie, and the canal about 8-10 days-nights per year.[Not near enough for me]