Lake Greenwood 11/25 and 11/26 surprise! surprise!

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by chrisblue, Nov 26, 2006.

1. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    I had a guide party for sunday so I went out saturday evening to locate some fish.We caught 11 channels from 4 to 12 lbs saturday in about 2 hours.Today with the guide party I went back to the same area and started fishing, things was a little slower at first.We got one little channel about 5lbs and one a little over 12lbs.Then 5 minutes later a rod went down, I set the hook, I knew right off the bat it wouldnt your ordnary channel.It was hard to do but I handed the rod to the client.I was thinkin big big channel, the closer to the boat it got I was thinkin big flathead.Anyway after 12 minutes of fightin this fish a blue rolled up beside the boat it weighed 44lbs.2 hours and 15 channel cats later another rod goes down drag peelin off the rod gets handed to the lady on the boat then and about 8 minutes later a 29lb blue rolls up beside the boat.By the end of the day we had 23 channels and 2 blues with three channels from 11 to almost 13lbs.Out of 27 years of fishing Lake Greenwood I've never caught a blue or heard or seen a blue come out of there and in one day two hogs bite.It just amazes me at how just a few could be put into a body of water and they thrive like they do.They where released and hopefully will make babies.

2. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Heres a 12 1/2 lb channel from Saturday and a 12 or 13 lbr from today.

Attached Files:

3. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    good job chris,those are some nice looking fish,i guess you had a very happy party today,no doubt they will be back for more,stay on em!

4. Beaufort

Beaufort Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    That party definetly got their moneys worth. I bet u was doing some grinin when u seen them blues. Good job captain Chris!!!:big_smile

5. Beaufort

Beaufort Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Hey chris those are some big blues wonder how the population is in greenwood.

6. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Awesome, Chris!!!! You are the Kat King of Greenwood! :worship: :worship: :worship: Did'ja catch the blues on shad or perch? An were you drifting or anchored?

7. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    i know a man that lives on greenwood and they catch alot of blues off his dock but i dont think he has ever caught any big ones. but then again he fishes for eaters. good job chris.

8. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    I dont think theres many in there because like I said 27 years of fishin there and I've never caught one not even a little one.I've caught alot of channels that looked like blues until lookin at em real close but these where definately blues.

9. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Shad and driftin Pat.

10. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Wow! Those are sure some dandies. I would love to hook into some brutes like that!

11. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I caught one around 5 lbs. two years ago between Moon's Landing and Lighthouse Landing while crappie fishing.

Chris you're killing here.

12. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Surprise, surprise, surprise as Gomer would say, congrats

13. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    You couldnt knock the smile off my face with a baseball bat.

14. catchaser1

catchaser1 Active Member

State:
    Anderson S.C.
  15. MUDHOLE KID

MUDHOLE KID New Member

State:
    Anderson,S.C.
    I'm gonna stop bringing'em down there if you're gonna catch'em as fast as I put'em in the lake. :big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile:

Good catch Bro, fish like that will make anybody smile.:big_smile:

16. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Oh, so your the one!!!, your the one!!!, that made me smile.:lol: :lol:

17. tony

tony New Member

State:
    lake Murray sc
    you are the man, so get used to it brother!!!!!!

18. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    well i got myself registered as a new member of catfish1 after i fished with chris simpson on sunday 11-26 at lake greenwood. yes i am the lucky s.o.b. that was fishing with him that day. (my wife was there too) we started out a little slow but then we caught fish steady all day long. never expected to catch the quality of fish that we did that day or any day for that matter, but when we hooked into the 44 lb blue, that was just down right amazing. once we finally got that fish on the boat floor i think i could have knocked chris over with a feather. all i kept hearing all day was "fished this lake for 27 years and never caught a blue". was'nt to much later in the day when my wife hooked the 2nd blue of the day that weighed 29 lbs. and to this day i still find myself shaking my head in disbelief that there was fish that big in lake greenwood and that i was the lucky s.o.b. that got to fight that awsome fish and then turn around shortly there after to watch my wife battle that 29 lb blue. Chris, thanks again for an awsome day of fishing and i can honestly say i learned alot about catfishing and really truly have a new appreciation for it.:big_smile: