Lake Greenwood 11/15

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by chrisblue, Nov 15, 2006.

1. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Me and Pat fished Greenwood today, it started out slow but we finally got on em.We ended up with 9 channels, lot of nice fish one was a little over 10lbs and one was just under 10 and the rest was from 4 to 8lbs.I'll let Pat comment on the two that got away.

Attached Files:

2. SC Hartwell

SC Hartwell New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Well let's hear it Pat!

3. Beaufort

Beaufort New Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Yeah Pat what about the ones that got away

4. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Is That Right Pat Lost 2 nice ones? Darn,Darn,Darn. LOL J.D.

5. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Nice looking kitty. Glad someone is having good luck. I kow I haven't

6. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Chris & I fished from about 11am to just after dark. We were getting short strikes all day - it wuz makin' us nuts. We did manage to boat about 1 fish per hour until about dusk, and then they just suddenly turned on! In about 20minutes I caught 1 channel just under 10# and Chris caught 1 just over 10#. Chris had one that hit the bait like freight train and bent his rod way over. He fought her about 1/2 way to the boat and then "bam" she was gone - just like that! You could tell that it was a nice fish by the way she had the rod bent over during the fight. Chris actually had about 3 - 4 more that came off like that earlier, but this one was much bigger. Then I had hit that I could tell was a nice fish the way it was shaking it's head and bulldoggin' - I was really excited to see how big it would be. When she got close to the boat she started to roll, and just as I was telling Chris "she' rollin!" the hook pulled out! Dammit - I swear she wuz just 3 feet from the net. I was kinda dark then so we didn't get a glimpse of her. Regardless, I was pretty excited because she fought so hard. I'll get her next time! By the way - Chris really knows this lake - he had us on/around fish all day. There's some really nice channels in Greenwood, and they like to fight!

7. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Congrats on the catch guys.nice picture chris.thx for posting.

8. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    That's a good report, guys. Chris, you and Pat make a good team. So long as you're drifting you'll do well, but if you need to anchor, just make sure he stands back while you toss the anchor. :eek:oooh:

9. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Hey! That wasn't my fault :eek:oooh: :crazy: The anchor rope is supposed to be securely attached to the vessel, not just coiled all pretty on the deck :tounge_out:

10. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    You said it, Pat, not me. :big_smile:

11. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    congrtaes on the fish fellows.

tommy he didnt let go of the rope did he?:lol: i think i have seen that happen before.

12. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Yeah, he thought it was tied off. I tried to stop him when I realized it, but I was too late. ha The look on his face was absolutely priceless! :embarassed:
    A brand new 45# pontoon anchor and 100' of rope gone is a flash.....
    :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Just kidding around with Pat. It was an honest mistake, not like he was the first. He would have give almost anything at that moment to be a scuba diver. Shoulda seen him trying to snag that thing with a circle hook. hehe

13. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    must have been over a 100' deep for that to happen.:lol:

14. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Good fish guys. I hope to do some crappie fishing this winter.