Lake Greenwood 10/21/09

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by pop pop, Oct 21, 2009.

1. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Deepwater1 and I hit G-wood for the channels today and found the water temp had dropped in the last week from 71 to 62 degree. Only fishing a few hours the trolling motor battery died :eek:oooh:and there was no wind for driftng. So we decided to move to a hump to anchor on, and when we started the motor there was problems:crazy:. So we ended the trip then and limped back to the landing. End result was 6 fat channels caught drifting.

We still had fun, but we just wish we could've had more of it.:big_smile:

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Glad y'all got a few nice cats.!!

BB

3. SEA DUCE 2

SEA DUCE 2 New Member

State:
    SC
    Pop Pop, were they hitting scrimps again? this is the Sea Duce II from greenwood. I went a couple weeks ago and drifted stinky but had no bites. I'm thinking about hitting it again Saturday after hunting and sitting in the rain with some shrimp, cut bait. Maybe I'll run in to you sometime.

4. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    We used scrimps and skipjack, that way we could go straight to fishing. But if you can catch you some fresh threadfins or gizzard shad, you'll be good to go.

5. SEA DUCE 2

SEA DUCE 2 New Member

State:
    SC
    Thanks, I have plenty of cast nets due to an over active child....I collected a few when he was younger. Thanks !!

6. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Thanks for the report Doug. Glad you ended up catching some.