lake Greenwood 09/30/09

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by pop pop, Sep 30, 2009.

1. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Deepwater1 got to my house around 8:00 this morning and we loaded up and headed to G-wood for some channels. After breakfast and coffee we got to fishing and found the fish scattered at best. We did how ever find'em after lunching at our favorite lake dinner.
    The end result was 18 nice fat boys, lots over 5lbs. Drifting the Scrimps!

All I need to know Curt is when is the fish fry.:wink:

Curt is a super great guy and I encourage everyone to get to know him if you have the chance. Curt is OLD SALT, a retired commercial saltwater fisherman who Captained his own boat for years. So he knows Big Stuff! Now that he is retired he just wants to spank the kitty cats.

2. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Way to go, Smackmaster Pop Pop! Those lovely channels cannot resist the power of the Lucky Scrimps :smile2:

3. Deepwater1

Deepwater1 New Member

State:
    Toccoa, GA
    Thanks for the kind words Pop Pop. I couldn't have ask for a better day or a better companion. The Smackmaster sure knows his lake. With the cooler weather, the fish were scattered, so it took some searching, but Pop Pop knew where to look. As usual, I invited some of the kittys we caught to come to dinner at my house. Only problem was, by the time I got home and properly dressed my dinner guests, I was plumb tired out, but it was a great feeling.

I hear my other half getting a couple of our dinner guest ready for lunch. Ummmm, I can hardly wait. Hush puppys, Baked potato, Tossed salad, of course our dinner guests (Channel catfish), and Iced tea, it don’t get any better. Man Colas taste awfully good too. Of course I can’t forget the mandatory afternoon nap. LOL Life’s Gooood.

Smackmaster Pop Pop you 'da Man.

Curt

4. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Good report. Sounds like fun!

BB

5. DamonG

DamonG Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Congrats on a great day of channel cattin.

6. nevets91

nevets91 New Member

State:
    rock hill south carolina
    im actaully trying to talk my girl friend go got to lander next year so i have an excuse to haul my boat to greenwood and try the cats down there. if i get her to maybe i can get up with you guys one day and show me how its done:wink: if youll show me some tricks ill get pay the gas :big_smile:

7. nick81

nick81 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    thanks for the report. were doing some camping on goat island this weekend and may try for a few channels.

8. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Very nice report!:wink: Looks like a hard day of catchin' Mr. Whiskers has led to a full tummy and a well deserved nap!!:smile2: