Lake Greenwood 07/23/09

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by pop pop, Jul 23, 2009.

1. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    My good buddy Patmansc came down this morning and we hit G-wood for some channels. Had alot of fun and laughs as always.:big_smile: The bite was slow today, but we did manage 7 from 3 to 10 lbs. Used Skipjack and some of Pats lucky scrimps. He never leaves home with out'em:wink:

2. Deepwater1

Deepwater1 New Member

State:
    Toccoa, GA
    I was afarid they might still be slow. Thanks for the report. I think I'll go to Saluda Lake tomorrow instead of Greenwood. I've been itching to try it anyway. Then on Monday or Tuesday I'll hit Greenwood again. Weekends are too much of a circus for my liking.

Curt

3. tigerman10

tigerman10 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Hey pop pop where do you guys get the skipjack and fresh shrimp around here? I live in Greenville and havent been able to find anything fresh up this way. I fish Greenwood a decent amount and always hear ab people talking about fresh shrimp being good and also cut bait but I havent done so well on bream. Any suggestions??

4. Redneck in a Skiboat

Redneck in a Skiboat New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Yeah, Where'd you get the skipjack?

5. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Pop Pop & Roundhill went on safari to TN and loaded up a couple of big cooler-fulls of skips. I get my shrimp from a local fish-store - I use the jumbo collosal size. The shop owner keeps them in a tray, on ice, and I used to think that they were fresh. But then I noticed that he gets them frozen in 5# boxes, which would made them freshly-defrosted :wink: Regardless, they seem to work fine, even if I re-freeze and use them again.

6. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Caught'em in the Cumberland River in Tenn. Roundhill and I attended the Cumberland River BOC gathering. Took freezers, 2 vacumn sealers and plenty of bags. We'll probably head back in Feb for more:big_smile:. They make great bait!

"I havent done so well on bream. Any suggestions?? "

Ben, Try to use threadfin and gizzard shad as your cut bait if ya can. Thats my preference anyway for cut bait.

7. Redneck in a Skiboat

Redneck in a Skiboat New Member

State:
    South Caro
    That's cool. I was hoping you had secret spot in SC with Skips.
    Are there Blueback Herring in Greenwood? I don't remember seeing any. I rarely fish it anymore, but it is still one of my favorite lakes. I just hate to drive that far.

8. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Thomas, No bluebacks in G-wood.