Lake Greenwood 06/12/09

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by pop pop, Jun 12, 2009.

1. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    My good friend Patmansc came down this morning, we loaded up and headed to G-wood for some Channel cat action. We had lots fun and laughs and ended up with 17 nice ones in 4 hrs. And Pat caught one he’ll tell about when he gets home. Had a good breeze that was nice, but it was hot. All fish caught drifting. It sure was good to fish the home waters again as I’ve been after blues around the state for the better part of 8 months I wish G-wood had them, but I’ll spank them channels.:big_smile:

2. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Oh yea, ya found em, good job pop pop and Pat. Glad to hear you two fishing again.

You gonna be fishing more now Pat or just gonna be squeezing in trips when possible ? I know you've had other things going on but the catfish are forgetting what you look like ; )

-Jim-

3. Cutbait101

Cutbait101 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Sounds like a good day to me!way to go fellows:big_smile::wink:

4. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Way to get after em poppop and patman,thanks for the report.I'm sure youre glad to be back on Greenwood regular now.

5. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Here's a photo of my new PB channel - 11.5#. Caught her on a rig showed to me by a guide up in KY - a piece of the lucky shrimp :)smile2:) and a live leech :crazy: She slammed the rod like a 20# blue, and just didn't want to come to the boat, make 2 - 3 drag screamimg runs. For a while I thought that I had caught one of those Greenwood land-locked wahoo that Pop Pop keeps tellin me about. :wink: This is the 1st time that I tried live leeches on Greenwood, and the channels seem to like'em! I always use a piece of shrimp with them, so I don't know how they would work by themselves. But if anyone would like to fund Pop Pop and me to conduct a study, we will be glad to do so!

Attached Files:

6. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Good job guys, any time you're getting into double digit channels it's a good day!

7. QBQ

QBQ New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Congrats on the new PB Patman. Getting my boat ready finally to hit Greenwood. Thanks for the report.

8. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Congrats on that Pb channel buddy ; )

9. timmyjane

timmyjane New Member

State:
    SC
    How do you know where to drift? What kind of area offers the best chance of catching some fish? Noobe here.