Lake Greenwood 04/30/09 - 12 catfish in 10-15 feet of water

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by pop pop, Apr 30, 2009.

1. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Well my good buddy Patmansc finally finished his coaching duties and is ready to do some fishing again. So we loaded up and hit G-wood for some channels. The bite was rather slow today and the water temp was 76 degrees. Used skipjack and pats lucky scrimps for bait and ended with 12 nice ones. All fish caught in 10 to 15 ft. We had a blast today.

2. The Penn Slammer

The Penn Slammer New Member

State:
    Princeton, West
    Is the water cleared up at Greenwood yet? Sure would like to get on the crappie there .

3. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Good to hear you guys fishin together again ; ) and a fine catch at that. I'll make it out there one day again, LOL, you know how it is over here...always something happening.

Pat, sooner or later we will get each other one the phone. This game of tag we been playin needs to stop, LOL.

gone fishin....
    -Jim-

4. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    The water has cleared up pretty good. Seen about a dozen spider -riggers and long liners and they were catching some from what I seen.

5. scwolf

scwolf New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Glad to hear yall got on them Doug....can't beat a channel fight pound for pound in my book.

6. oldcatsc

oldcatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    glad to here you did well at greenwood , did you catch them drifting or anchored ? I'm going to hartwell saturday and try to get back into those big blues ...........oldcatsc:wink:

7. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Glad you had a good trip Doug. Sounds like fun!

8. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    We were drifting - at times we had to use a drift sock because the wind was really gusting, then we would have to use the trolling motor because the wind would die down.

9. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I might try Greenwood soon. Glad y'all caught some fishes Pop Pop.