Lake Grapevine, Lewisville?

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by james, Mar 20, 2007.

1. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    anyone done any good on either Gvine or Lewisville lake lately?? I havent heard anyone doing any good lately.

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

James I can't speak for lately but, in the past I killed eaters and up to 12 pounders on Grapvine down at the end of Peach St. in Grapvine. I also had good luck around a couple of the boat docks at night. Now this has been about 10 years are so ago but, Grapvine almost always produced fish while not always big they were there. If you can get to Benbrook Lake I had great luck there as well,, I think it was Rocky Creek and a few places around there you should do well this time of year.

3. scline999

scline999 New Member

State:
    Highland Village,TEXAS
    James,
    I've had luck recently on Lewisville. For the past two months I have found blues in shallow water with plenty of timber. All were nice fish including a few over 30 lbs. Most were in the 5-10 lb range. All were caught on shad and cut skip jack. For the most part the water depth fished was between 5 to 12 feet.

4. FishBrew

FishBrew New Member

State:
    North Texas
    agree with scline. At either lake, I would not fish deeper than 10 - 12 foot. Find flooded timber (sticking up out of the water). Grapevine can produce plenty of eaters and fish up to 20 lbs. I've been on both in the pass couple months. Of the two, I'd pick Lewisville.

5. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    thanks for the info. im gonna head out to lewisville tonight give it a try

6. bobby-catfishing

bobby-catfishing New Member

State:
    Highland Villag
    I took my dad out to Lewisville last Thursday. We caught these 13 cats (38 lbs. total weight) in about 2 hours of fishing. Biggest was 7-1/2 lbs. All caught on fresh shad and Sure Shot in less than 5' of water.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]