Lake Grapevine in Texas

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by james, Mar 1, 2006.

1. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    Headed out to Lake Grapevine this mornin about 7:30 fished Muller park useing cut bait. Caught 4 blues biggest weight 9 pounds other 3 weighed between 3 to 4 pounds, got a channel cat on stinkbait, also got a pretty big sandbass on a crank bait. Stayed tell almost 11:30.

Attached Files:

2. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    great job bro, great job

3. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    Ill be headin back in the morn after work gonna try my luck again:rolleyes:

4. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    James. Nice catch man. I bet ya do better tomorrow if ya can get there before the front hits.

5. TXBlueHunter

TXBlueHunter New Member

State:
    Flower Mound, Texas
    James

which area in the park were you fishing? Thats a nice catch by the way. Like T-Bone said, you should get more in the morning before the front hits.

6. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    cant think of what trail its on but u go all the way into the park past the road turns off to the marina take the first rock road to ur left follow it all the way to the back u should see the lake to the south and a walking trail to the east fallow the walking trail back into the cove the water back in there gets deep real quick like a channel back in there or something 2 foot away from the bank its bout 4 feet deep nice sandy bottom u wont have to deal with the rocks there. if ur in the right spot u should see my rock piles that i lean my poles on and a fire pit someone made i cast out towards the stumps on the other side of the cove. this is the only place ive fished at muller park. hope i have better luck in the morning only got two bags of gills left gonna have to start restockin. where bouts do u fish there Txbluehunter??

7. TXBlueHunter

TXBlueHunter New Member

State:
    Flower Mound, Texas
    James

I fish all over the park. I have had my best luck at the end of the park. I believe it is trail #7.

How did you do this morning?

8. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    went back this morn didnt start fishing tell around 8:00am wind was comeing out of the north im guessing the cold front already moved in didnt get a single bite tried bass fishing for about a hour didnt get a thing left around
    10:00am. think trail number 7 ends at the other side of the cove im fishin. i took a better look around today try to figure out where ive been fishing, if u take the main road all the way into the park the last road on the left that turns into a rock road (if u go around the turn around youve just pasted it)follow it all the way back tell u cant go no further and follow the walking trail back towards the cove thats where im always fishing. the nearest camp site is number 8. maybe that gives u a better idea where im fishin. we should meet up sometime down there maybe you can show me some better spots?

9. TXBlueHunter

TXBlueHunter New Member

State:
    Flower Mound, Texas
    James

Is the cove you are fishing full of stickups? If so it is the same one I have the most luck out of. I fish on the west side of that cove.

I am planning on going out their next weekend. The wife has me booked up this weekend :mad:

10. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    from where i sit on the bank and look out across the back end of the cove there is a road that ends just to the north east of me and another just to the north of where i sit with stumps just across the ways from me. i always see other people on the other side bass fishing seen two guys fishing for cats today didnt see them with a single fish either. I have sundays and mondays off from work. maybe we could hook up sunday and try our luck?

11. TXBlueHunter

TXBlueHunter New Member

State:
    Flower Mound, Texas
    James

Let me check with the wife and make sure she does not have anything planned for Sunday morning. If I free we can see what kind of damage we can do out there.

12. Catfishmomma

Catfishmomma New Member

State:
    Irving, Texas
    James,
    I believe i know exactly where you are talking about...you have to walk a distance to get to the lake. There is a bunch of rocks that you are able to walk on. Am I right? There are some stumps and sticks sticking out of the water? I tried over there a few weeks ago.....

Man, I would love to go there tomorrow morning, but alas, with only one car, it is impossible. Sure will be glad when my olds get fixed. I don't fish in the dark, not with the kids with me. Plus I need to get some lanterns.

13. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    sounds like the place im talking about. Im bet its alot better fishing when the water is up.

14. Catfishmomma

Catfishmomma New Member

State:
    Irving, Texas

yes it will be good when the water is up. Hopefully it will rain more. I love the way that particular area looks....you can see everywhere and it's reminds me when I go to Oklahoma in May for our annual vacation. I grew up around an area that looks like that. Very peaceful.

15. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma

Catfishmomma, push your vacation back a month, take it the first weekend of June and come to the Keystone Gathering!!!

16. TXBlueHunter

TXBlueHunter New Member

State:
    Flower Mound, Texas
    James

Attached are some pics of the spot I have the most luck out of on Grapvine. Is this the same spot you are fishing?

Attached Files:

17. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    thats the spot, in the last pic u can see the point on the right of the pic thats where i sit. did you make it out there today? i was planing on going but the woman took the car and left me with the beater which the tags are out on it and me and [C]hris had a run in with the warden yesterday down stream of the LLELA park [C]hris got him a hefty fine didnt have his fishing license or his ID on him, the same warden gave me a warning bout the tags on the car a while back. i might head out there round 3am try my luck for a while

18. SLIM

SLIM New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    James,

I am headed over to Grapevine this afternoon. I'm not familiar with Muller Park. I know where Murrell Park is on the North side of the lake. I think I am going to go to Icehouse point over there and try some shad gizzards.

I fished below the dam last week and caught several channel cat, but after speaking with the COE reps at the Bass Pro Fishing Classic they said that you are not allowed within 200 feet of the structure so I need to find somewhere on the main lake to catch some channels.

Thanks,
    Keith

19. Catfishmomma

Catfishmomma New Member

State:
    Irving, Texas

Would love too, but during the first week of June my family head to Altus, Oklahoma to the lake. Was born there in Altus and Lugert is our annual place for vacation. I catch some pretty good Cats there all the time!

20. Catfishmomma

Catfishmomma New Member

State:
    Irving, Texas

Oh good grief James! Sounds like ya'll ran into a bit of trouble there.

I know exactly where that is...it's the same spot I went too. Now I know where you head at.