Lake Grapevine in Texas Friday Night 4/21

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by TXBlueHunter, Apr 18, 2006.

1. TXBlueHunter

TXBlueHunter New Member

State:
    Flower Mound, Texas
    Well I am going to hit Lake Grapevine Friday Night 4/21 after work. I plan on fishing most of the night if anyone cares to join me the cats to be bitting pretty good with this weather we have been having.

2. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Hey Tim, I will be more than happy to go with you brother, just get in touch with me and I'll meet ya.
    Call me and I'll meet ya where ever.
    Still got my number ?? If not, pm me and I'll give it to ya.
    Shelly said I can go.... YAHOOOO :) :) :) :) :)

AL

3. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    I forgot,
    Are we gonna bank fish ??? and what do you want me to bring for bait or drinks ???

4. TXBlueHunter

TXBlueHunter New Member

State:
    Flower Mound, Texas
    Al

Cool, I have a little hole that should produce pretty good for us. Yep banking it all the way. As far as what to bring that is up to you. I have shad, livers, & shrip. If you have any Danny Kings that would be great.

I will PM you later with some more details and will give you a call tomorrow afternoon.

5. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Sounds good , I'll be on the cell phone most of the day tomorrow.
    I'll bring my bucket of chum too.

AL

6. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Yes Tim, I have 2 kinds of DK (original and blood).
    Looking forward to talking to you tomorrow.
    My daughter is buggin me to go to bed so I'm off to bed for now.
    Talk to ya tomorrow.

AL

7. TXBlueHunter

TXBlueHunter New Member

State:
    Flower Mound, Texas
    Al that chum will be great. I have a 2 liter bottle we can pour some into and make some small holes in it and throw it out and let it float in the area we are going to fish. Below are some pics of the are we are going to fish. The pic were taken when the water was down. It is still low but not as low.

Attached Files:

8. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Man I wish I could go :sad_02: ....... I'll be heading to the Supercross this Sat. at Texas Stadium. We go every year and hang out in the pitts and talk to the riders. Don't think I could hang fishin' most of the night and then headin' out at 9am Sat.
    I would like to go out there soon though. Let me know next time ya go Tim.

Good luck guys, hope ya do well....

9. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    Tim yall going to fish the cove? Im not sure I will be able to get out of work but its been a while since ive been sick. :rolleyes: I was thinking about trying it Friday morning. If yall are going to fish it and I make it out there in the morn I will toss out some range cubes. Also we didn't get a single bite on cutbait or live shad, Lucas caught the only fish of the trip on DKs and my dad's bait.

10. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Sorry you can't make it Tod, i would love to be able to fish with you brother since we didn't get to fish together at the gathering but maybe someday soon we can get together.
    We'll miss ya.

James, hope you can join us friday night.

AL

11. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    well i dont think ill be able to get out of work cant afford to miss any. Im still going to try the cove out friday morn. Ill post back with my results. may stop by before work for a little bit what time yall going to meet up out there?

12. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    weather report looks great for fishing friday evening 10mph wind out of the south high is gonna be 77 spose to get a little rain in the morn might bring them cats into the cove

13. TXBlueHunter

TXBlueHunter New Member

State:
    Flower Mound, Texas
    James

We should be out there around 8:00 Friday night as long as the weather does what they say it is going to do.

14. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    well i was going to head out there around 5am since i was going to get off early but as i was walking out the door the sky just opened up and it started pouring think its lightend up now long as it stays this way me and chris will get some fishing in but prob wont stay long ill be baiting it out though so if the weather holds up yall should do some good i might stop by on my way to work since im just down the road well good luck to yall

15. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex

Thanks James,
    I'm looking forward to fishing tonight, maybr you can get a chance to join us for some chat or something.
    I'm going to meet Tim at his house tonight and go from there.

See ya soon

AL

16. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    well me and chris got skunked had couple pretty nice bites he got a real nice run on cured chicken liver set his bait clicker off a couple times i got a pretty good bite on some of my dads stink bait but by the time i made it down to my rod he done let go. seen some guys catching crappie not sure how many but they caught at least four or five while we was there. anywho the cove is baited out pretty good i tossed out half a sack of range cubes and corn. if you walk down the trail to the shore to ur right you will see a dead buffalo and down a ways to ur left theres a big bush laying in the water towards the stickups i baited out that whole area. so yall should do some good. shad where pretty thick over in the smaller cove to the right seen some 2 - 3 inchers didnt throw for them though. oh and the road into the cove we baited is the trail that has the sign saying trail #7 not the first road to the cove. well hope yall do some good tonight if you cant catch any cats should catch some crappie, they was useing minnows in what looked about 2 - 3 feet of water over by the stickups.

17. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    well did yall do any good? I sure wish i had called in last night..... bet i missed out on a bunch of fish :embarrassed_2:

18. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    well I did catch something the other morning.....put the little fart in my fish tank, hes just about the size of a quarter. ill let him get a little bigger then let him go

Attached Files:

19. txkatfish

txkatfish New Member

State:
    Holliday, Texas
    Well How did ya do last night? I went to Lake Arrowhead last night and the only thing I caught was a sore jaw from a 2oz weight coming out of the water after trying to set the hook. I'm going back out tonight to Arrowhead and try my luck again. Wish I could have gone with ya cause I bet ya did all the good! We all need to try and get together again and do some fishing.
    Talk to ya later

Kevin

20. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Well out of 4 of us that went, only 1 of us caught a cat and it was just eatin size. We had several good bites but nothing to brag about but we did have some good stories that we all talked about. Just some good chattin and some wishin that we were doin more catchin.
    Tim and Jr. threw out a 50 lb bag of range cubes before we left at 2:00 am and I bet the fishin would have been better in the morning.
    We had a total of 12 lines in the water and we used everything from chicken liver to cut shad and DK pb, and shrimp. When we got there, they were hitting on DK but as the night went on, they started hitting on shrimp.
    All in All, only 1 fish was caught all night.
    But we are not just going to give up, we will be going back again soon and changing that around and bringing in our limit.
    We had a good time and I met a couple of potential new members.
    Thanks for everything, Tim, Jr, Leo.

AL