Lake Grapevine - Do you think we got it all?

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Cat Hunter, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Cat Hunter

Cat Hunter New Member

State:
    texas
    Well me and txcats are planning on taking the 12ft john boat out to Lake Grapevine this friday and saturday. We have decided to take the full spectrum of baits. We have corn marinated in vanilla extract(an idea from one of our BOC brothers) chicken livers, all bait fish we catch with the cast net, and worms. We have set up the john boat with 4 rod holders and plan on having 6 lines out in the water. We fish out in a cove and there are fish all around us we just havent had much luck yet (thats why all of the diffrent baits). One of two things will happen we will either kill em all with our selection of baits, or flip the tiny boat over with all the weight we have in it. Wish us luck, and any wisdom we will except. And hopefully a good report and pics on monday.

2. hillcountryfishin

hillcountryfishin New Member

State:
    tx
    Forgot the most crucial bait...Danny Kings. J/k but I'm kinda partial to it:lol:
    Honestly , dunno if yall have been getting as much rain as us down south but first be careful with high water nad swift currents
    Second, look for run off....i.e . fresh water running into the lake, stream, creeks or someitmes a large sloped hill washing in to the lake works.
    I've always had good luck fishing muddied water ecspecially in the rivers, but on lakes try to apply the same and you should be fine.
    Don't forget the shallows (1-4 ft) at night. Kitties like to gorge themselves on perch/shad up against the banks at night. You'd be surprised how many are up near the banks under willow trees and tree branches eating.

If theres a small runoff or creek near by fish the mouth of it for yellas with fresh bait fish.
    Oughta be a riot and good luck, be careful , lots of yahoo's out at night , amke sure your well illuminated.
    had cleints out two weeks ago and we had enough lights going for a 4th of july and still almost got smacked fishing 10 ft from the bank.
    Good Luck

3. Cat Hunter

Cat Hunter New Member

State:
    texas
    Oh yea I forgot we do have DK with us. Thanks for all the info.

4. jedt

jedt New Member

State:
    Cameron,Texas
    Good luck Cat Hunter. Knock em or should I say fish em dead. Doing better than me no boat gas money for 2 weeks.