Lake Gaston

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by laidbck111, Aug 23, 2006.

1. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Hey all I was wondering if anyone knew of some areas on lake Gasto to try out from the bank? And for bait useing a cast net. Trying to put a plan together for a trip in three weeks. Any and all help would be great.

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I fish Lake Gaston almost everyday in the summer, every weekend the rest of the year. Bank Fished for about 3 years on it, catch huge Blue Cats, Channel Cats, and Stripers. If you want, you can probably come with my dad and I in our boat. This is good advice though, if you can or want to, I would wait until October, the fishing explodes in October, BUT we are still catching some nice ones.

I'm going to send you a PM right now, it would take me all night to post about the bank fishing on Lake Gaston, you might have to give me a call or something.

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I may wait until October to come over there to do some fishing if it improves that much. Its only about an hour are so away so multiple trips are in my future.

4. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Well, I live about an hour away from it myself. Yes, the fishing does get extremely better in October-December there. Right now they are only biting the slip bobbers for the most part which is just on and off action, in October we start tearing them up on the bottom, Night and Morning.