Lake Gaston

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by jfwillia1998, May 5, 2006.

1. jfwillia1998

jfwillia1998 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Hey,

Anyone ever fish Gaston for the cats. Some buddies and I might go hang out there one weekend, and wanted to see if anyone had the info. Thanks in advance.

John

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Oh heck yeah, that is the body of water I primarily fish. I'll be there a lot this weekend also. Post any questions about Gaston Lake if you have them here, and I can probably help. I have fished Gaston at least once a week for a few years.

Zakk

3. bowfin

bowfin New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    cant what tell i get a boat so i can fish the lakes

4. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    hey Zakk,
    I'll be coming to Gaston camping and fishing with the family this summer. I hear there is a camp ground where you can pull the boat right up to the camp sites. I'll be staying there. Any advice on where to fish?

5. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Hey Billie, I got to go to bed right now, I'll have to get back to you on this as soon as I can.

Shortly put, the best campground is "Americamps" on Lake Gaston, very nice campground near some awesome night fishing for huge blues.

Go to the "Featured Articles" section on here and click on my article "Large Reservoir Blue Cats" and it might help a little.

Talk to you soon, probably will send you a PM.

Zakk