lake gaston fishing

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by jayjay, Jul 10, 2006.

1. jayjay

jayjay New Member

any one fish gaston think i my go for a weekend in a month or so any info would be helpfull . any one know a place to rent for 3 or 4 days .

2. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    If you're looking for info on Lake gaston. They have a website called Fishgaston.com

3. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    jayjay,

Just wait the katmasterjr.(zakk) should be checking in here in a little bit he might be able to help you.... Lake Gaston is his home lake...

4. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Ha ha, I'm here, I'm here.

It's been hard until recently, we were fishing on the bottom and not doing any good really, just a couple fish, but then about a week ago we tried slip bobbers set at 10-15ft deep and sure enough it was the ticket. Hard to fish from the bank on that lake, not much access. Are you fishing in a boat jayjay? Use Shad, Bream, White Perch, and stuff like that for bait, live is good under the bobbers but cut bait will work good also, esspecially if it's shad. We have really been doing good with the bobbers, they fish are concentrated around the "thermocline" right now which is a section of the water with the most oxygen.

Here's the pattern for now, it will probably last the whole summer.

Bobbers set from 10-15 ft deep, Early morning time, Main lake points around 45ft deep, and Main Lake Channel, and humps out in the middle of the lake which require depthfinders to find.

Zakk

5. jayjay

jayjay New Member

thank guys when i get down there hope to catch a good old bigen. need a place to rent for a couple days . too far to drive not to stay for a few day