Lake Ft.Smith?

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by slabmaster, Apr 1, 2008.

1. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    Has anyone heard when lake ft. smith is going to reopen. i would like to give it a try .

2. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    That's Little Mac's territory up that way:big_smile: Shoot him a pm see what he says. I think it is this year though. Heard there will be time restrictions on the lake also. Like no FISHING after dark period. Or no fishing before 6am..something like that.

3. boliver

boliver New Member

State:
    Rudy Ark
    i heard yesterday it was going to be open may 1 the official opening and ribbon cutting or what ever would be july 4th. they are re doing cabins or something . boliver

4. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    i hope there are no restricted hours. my experience is that new lakes are usually very good for crappie fishing for about the first 2 or 3 yrs. if this proves out i want to catch some slabs

5. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Rex, I work for the City of Fort Smith and I heard it was suppose to open in January but got delayed. I'll see if I can find out something and post it for you.

6. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    Johnny i would appreciate it. i am anxious to give it a try when it opens. Thank you

7. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Rex, The weather is whats causing all the delays. They are shooting for opening up the lake in May. If I here an exact date I'll post it here.

8. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    thanks i'll keep an eye on this thread

9. boliver

boliver New Member

State:
    Rudy Ark
    a friend of mine has been going up to lake ft. smith for about 6 months, either fishing of bank or using a small water scamp. he has really done well on crappie. he has been fishing either side of the old lake shepard springs dam. that is close to where the new boat dock is now. he has been fishing the flooded timber. lol boliver

10. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    i figured some locals were getting away with fishing early.i thought the lake was closed to the general public. i cant find any regulations concearning lake ft smith . i know one thing when it openas im gonna get me some of them slabs. lol