Lake Ft.Smith

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Little Mac, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Lake Ft.Smith is just a hop skip an a jump from my home in Mountainburg Arkansas. It has been closed for over 4 years due to raising of the dam and combining Lake Ft.Smith and Lake Shepard Springs, Lake is full now and some run over on the spillway. There are nice blues, channels, and Flatheads in the lake plus all the other fish that anglers go after. I suspect fishing on this lake will be outstanding for a long time once it opens. I have been in contact with the folks at the lake and they tell me that it will open for fishing late Dec.07 or early Jan 08. It has a new campground, new ramp and is to have a marina with rentable boats, and slips. I personally cant wait to get back on it.

2. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Jim, sounds like you need to get a gathering planned to break in that new campground right!

3. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Keep us posted on that opening date mac..there is bound to be some fish itching to be caught:eek:oooh::smile2:

4. boliver

boliver New Member

State:
    Rudy Ark
    mac
    are they still going to have the motor size restrictions on lake ft smith when it opens?
    boliver

5. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Harrell, Im not sure about that one. I didnt ask them, I didnt know that they ever had one. Least if they did noone paid any attention to it. :big_smile: Tony That might could happen, just have to wait and see.

6. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    I asked them that question today. She said that at this time there are not going to be any restrictions on HP.

7. boliver

boliver New Member

State:
    Rudy Ark
    thanks you, i knew they didn't have one on lee creek dam, but years ago when i used to fish ft.smith lake they had under 10. but that was when they had marina on lake and an attendant there all the time it was open. anyway thanks again. i'm with you i think there is going to be some great fishing there when it opens.

boliver