Lake Fork

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by tobystan_2000, May 21, 2007.

1. tobystan_2000

tobystan_2000 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Where are the Lake Fork catfish. Gonna give it a shot for the first time on Saturday. Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. frymire

frymire New Member

State:
    texas
    real hard this time of year, they should start to spawn soon, in transition now go shallow in big caney creek. look for comarats in the trees close to
    shallow water, fish those trees

3. nathan king

nathan king New Member

State:
    vernon tx
    thats an awsome lake for channels, i slaughter them every year we ae there. Fish the shore lines around the lilly pads float a pencil cork just on the outside of them, this lake has tones of cover also the trees like the last post is good also look for water 10 ft or less right now punch bait works best in my oppion also. Another place is fish the moss in the back of necks and it is usually thick and high also float a cork just on top of it and that usually works pretty good. hope this helps, by the way where are you launching from?

4. tobystan_2000

tobystan_2000 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Apparently we'll be launching down by the minnow bucket.

Thanks for the information guys.

5. nathan king

nathan king New Member

State:
    vernon tx
    thats where i usually launch at just do those things and you'll catch some nice fish.

6. pinkie43

pinkie43 New Member

State:
    Texas
    The cat I've been catching are in the very end of Birch Creek, I mean as far as you can possiably go. Liver has been out fishing shad big time. If you are intrested in fishing Birch E-mail me. hootie582000@yahoo.com
    Sam

7. Trigger517

Trigger517 New Member

State:
    Texas
    New to the forum. Haven't been on Fork in 9 years and ya'll make me feel good about going back, I will be going the July 4th week. Any special tips will come in handy, 3 boys (8, 11, 12) and me. I just bought a used boat and want them to have a trip of a lifetime.

8. jsharris

jsharris New Member

State:
    Texas
    what is a camarat? I cannot find it on google.

9. tobystan_2000

tobystan_2000 New Member

State:
    Texas
    A Camarat is a bird that roosts in the trees over a lake. Usually, where the roost they will leave lots of droppings. You can sometimes see it on the trees. If it's on the trees, and it's fresh especially, there'll be some that dropped in the water. The cats love this stuff.

10. jetdocx

jetdocx New Member

State:
    Corinth Tx
    I'm pretty sure he means cormorants

11. tobystan_2000

tobystan_2000 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Yeah, what he said!!! Good luck.