Lake Fork Report

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by T-Bone, Jul 19, 2006.

1. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Ok guys, I must admit........... I've been doin' alot of bass fishin' lately:eek:oooh: ... So before ya beat me up and think I'm reportin' the bass report to ya, please read on. (pic to come later).
    My buddy and I were out @ Fork two weeks ago and had caught only a few bass and sometime around 2AM my buddy got a huge bite on his plastic worm. Shoot! we just knew his picture was gonna be on the cover of every fishin' mag. around after he got this hog in the boat. This fish pulled drag like nothin' had pulled it ever before. My buddy was almost spooled twice and wrapped up a few times also. As the Big O' Bucket Mouth began to tire out and come to the boat, we were already high fivin' and getting ready to run to the boat ramp. I got out the flash light and we saw the biggest Bucket Mouth ever!!!!! Only, this one was yellow in color and didn't hang out long enough for us to get a good look at'er.......
    The fish made another run and we were both excited and confused at the same time. (now remember- we are fishin' plastic worms) but we both saw a Flat Head Catfish come up just a minute ago. After what seemed to be a fight that went on all night the Cat gave up and made it into the boat.....
    Turns out the New State Record Large Mouth did not fall and there will be no magizine covers :sad2: . BUT to our amazment he had landed a 25lb. Flat Head on a plastic worm from our favorite bass hole. We have fished this very spot for almost 19 years and had only caught one other cat there. I did that last month it was a very nice Channel Cat. caught on the very same kind of plastic worm. Some of ya'll now my favorite worm to use is a "brush hog" made by Zoom.
    So I guess the moral of the story is: Ya can take the catfisherman away form the catfishin' but ya can't take the cattin' away from the catfishermen:cool2: .

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

if it looks alive and edible flatheads will eat it. lol I miss fishing lake fork I use to go twice a year for bass fishing and had a ball evertime I went.

3. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    Nice catch. like to see the pic, I passed a trip with my dad couple weeks ago to lake fork. We go to Fork for the bream fishing, its got some monster blue gills. Friend of my dad caught a 17 4 1/2oz 24 inches long, 22 inches girth black bass there years ago when i was just a little fart. It lived in a fish tank at the Lake Fork Marina for couple years. I don't care much for bass fishing but man id love to have caught one that size

heres a pic

Attached Files:

4. jsharper

jsharper New Member

State:
    TX
    Welcome back to the forum. I missed your input. Have you done anything else on your boat project?

Jim

5. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Jim thanks for the welcome back, I've been busy workin' but not much on the jon boat though. We have been fishin' with it a bunch but not much work has been finished. Still lots to do, thanks for asking.
    Hey James. Your right Fork does have some big bream. I've caught a few on rattle traps and plastic worms. They will give ya a good fight.
    Howdy Benji, I haven't had a chance to welcome ya to the BOC yet...... So welcome aboard. Looks like ya fit right in with the rest of us fisher-heads! I'll try to get a pic up of my buddy's flatty.

Thanks for checking the thread out.

6. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Here's the pic of Martin and his biggest flatty ever. It wasn't the state record large mouth that we first thought it was but still a very cool suprise for a bass fishin' trip with plastic worms!

Attached Files:

7. Gringoloco

Gringoloco Member

State:
    Ft. Belvoir, VA
    Name:
    Josh
    Wow, thats a really strange catch on that. I fish Lake Fork everytime we go to visit the inlaws down in Dallas. But Lake Fork for Cats, that a first for me, im use to pulling out nice fat Largemouth's out of that lake. Now Lake Texoma thats a differant story the Hybrids and the Cats in that lake are monsters!