Lake Fork Level

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Master_Taxidermist, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Master_Taxidermist

Master_Taxidermist New Member

State:
    OK
    I have been watching Lake Fork's level daily on USGS. Is it correct? :eek:oooh: They show as of Noon today it was still less than 1 foot high. :big_smile: I know most of your rain has been west of Fork, but I expected it to show more of an effect.:tounge_out:

How are the Blues on Fork?

2. jedt

jedt New Member

State:
    Cameron,Texas
    Hi Roger,
    Haven't kept up with Fork but USGS is usually pretty accurate. Is Fork a Corps of Engineers lake if so the have a website also that is updated daily. Some areas of the state have faired better when it came to the rains than others. A lot has to do with flood control or how low the lakes were or the amount of rain. The central part of the state has been hit pretty hard most lakes are 10' above or better.

3. nathan king

nathan king New Member

State:
    vernon tx
    well are there any fishing reports for Fork lately

4. nathan king

nathan king New Member

State:
    vernon tx
    well guess no ones fishing fork lately see yall there friday:wink:

5. jedt

jedt New Member

State:
    Cameron,Texas
    Just found out why you said see you friday. Just made a post about that tourny. Did not know if it was legal or not but heck I figure a chance for a man to win a boat is not bad. Sure thinking about going. Oh and what I heard no one catches blues there only channels. That makes it a good chance for anyone to take the prize.

6. nathan king

nathan king New Member

State:
    vernon tx
    they will probably rempve your post about the tourny since they are not a sponcer but ya its anyone game at this one lots of nice channels:cool2:

7. Master_Taxidermist

Master_Taxidermist New Member

State:
    OK
    Why are there no blues caught there?:eek:oooh:
    Everything you read says there are huge blues in this lake. It's even listed as on of the monster blues lakes of Texas.:crazy:

8. sw2324

sw2324 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I always tear up the channels. We just got back Friday and caught a ton of them between 4 and 8 pounds. In three years I have never caught a blue. There are some huge flatties out there though. All of our fish were caught in 12 to 20 foot of water on Sure Shot punch bait. And the lake looks great except for the fact that all my secret spots were covered by water so I could not find my landmark trees. I dont ever remember seeing Fork this high.