Lake Fork in Texas - Anyone?

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by 1stpalindrone, Mar 16, 2006.

1. 1stpalindrone

1stpalindrone New Member

State:
    Denton, Texas
    Anyone fishin Fork lately. Never caught a cat outa there but am going bassin with a bud. Anyone know where to start maybe. I've got a map of the lake but its been years since I've been out there. Any info, much appreciated.. Thanks
    Luc:confused: as

2. Gringoloco

Gringoloco Member

State:
    Ft. Belvoir, VA
    Name:
    Josh
    When me and the wife head down to Dallas to visit her parents we always fish Lake Fork, but for crappie and bass. Catfish are normally in the shallows during the day and move abit out in the night. So you will probably just have to try out the lake to find the hot spots. Or ask the various bait shops in the area for some good information.

3. augila

augila New Member

State:
    Texas
    Go north from 515 east bridge about 1 mile. You will see standing timber on your left, get in the timber and put out some soured corn or range cubes and in a short time you should limit out on some eating size channels

4. 1stpalindrone

1stpalindrone New Member

State:
    Denton, Texas
    Where would yall sugest looking for monster bass? Anyone?
    Lucas

5. TXBlueHunter

TXBlueHunter New Member

State:
    Flower Mound, Texas
    Lucas

Be careful on Fork. It is just like every lak in N. Texas, way low. But at Fork this causes a problem with stumps everywere even in the boating lanes.

As for monster bass I would work the grass beds and timber is 2 to 6 feet of water. This front coming in this week end may push them a little deeper since the air temp is going to be in the high 50 which will cause the water temp to drop a little.

If you can get it before you go take some Danny Kings or Sure Shot with you and fish the timber for cats. There are some nice channels in Fork.

Hope this helps.

6. 1stpalindrone

1stpalindrone New Member

State:
    Denton, Texas
    Yeah, I remember how bad the stumps were last time I was out there, been a few years though. Im sure its tough now. Thanks for the tips, I'll let yall know how it goes..

Lucas

7. TXBlueHunter

TXBlueHunter New Member

State:
    Flower Mound, Texas
    Lucas

Did you get out on Fork this weekend or did the rain mess everything up? If you went how did you do?

8. 1stpalindrone

1stpalindrone New Member

State:
    Denton, Texas
    Havent gotten out there yet, will keep ya informed though. Had a couple friends go this weekend though but havent heard from them yet on the monster stories they made up... Ha
    Lucas