Lake Fork Accident

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by etexun, Sep 18, 2009.

1. etexun

etexun New Member

State:
    Texas (Nea
    Has anyone heard anything about the fisherman that fell overboard this morning at the start of Lake Forks Fishing Tourney? I heard of it a little while ago. They are still out there looking for him. He went overboard sometime around 6:30 this morning just as things were starting.
    Please post any updates you hear of this. And pray for him and his family.

2. simpleokie

simpleokie New Member

State:
    Okla.
    Thats terrible, I hadn't heard that. Did he not have a PFD on? Every tournament I've been in requires you to have a PFD on either when on plane or when the outboard is running. It's a shame, prayers for the family.

3. etexun

etexun New Member

State:
    Texas (Nea
    What I heard was that he had on a life jacket. He was standing up front on a casting platform and for some reason lost his balance and fell overboard. His partner jumped in and swam to him. They reported that he told his buddy that he was ok. So his buddy turned around and swam back to boat and climbed it. When he turned around the man was gone. I have been trying to catch more on it. They went on with the tourney and were still searching for him this afternoon.

4. JoeDaCatKing

JoeDaCatKing New Member

State:
    PA
    I dont understand how this stuff happens so much. He told his buddy he was ok then dissapeared? sounds fishy probly looking to collect some life insurance money due to the current economy