Lake Faussee Pointe

Discussion in 'LOUISIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by spaz, Mar 28, 2006.

1. spaz

spaz New Member

State:
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Anyone do any catfishing in Lake Faussee Pointe, south of Lafayette. We're going to go camping out there and I was lookign for some input on water features and finding some holes since there's not much current.

2. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    I close friend confided in me that flounder can be caught in that lake.

3. spaz

spaz New Member

State:
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Flounder? They taste good. I have caught one in my entire life in Florida on accident with a spinner bait. He NAILED that thing! that night I battered him up, put some tony's on it...mmmmm mmm!

How are you supposed to fish for flounder?

4. Duane

Duane New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I never heard of Flounder being caught in Fausse Point but many things are possible I have fished it in the summer .Its a beautiful place you will like it there .Bring nightcrawlers and fish the bottom aroung trees and stumps you can look at it on google earth just type in Henderson,La and follow levee road down to Lake fausse Point .Fausse Point is a fresh water lake its all being fed by th Atachaflaya Spillway .When you get to to the check in station ther used to be a pond on your left right there we caught a nice 9lb der right there .The cabins also have places to fish off them .Alot of turtles in that lake ,plus some excellent biking trails

5. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Duane, a young lady, April Jeanminette, from Lafayette told me about the flounder being caught there.

Fausse Point was once in concideration for a gathering instead of Chicot because of the better fishing. It was scrapped because it couldn't accomidate all of us for that time of year.

April was experienced in her fishing exploits and would give anyone on this board a run for their money when it comes to fishing. I had no reason to doubt her.

You might remember her from the old board, Lafishinggal. She caught a gar bigger than her and explained how to clean it using a hatchet.

She put all the wannabe fishermen on this board to shame.

She was just one of the reasons why I enjoyed my trips to La.

6. Duane

Duane New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I've seen some interesting things caught here in Louisiana .Dont doubt it but it would sure be a memory for me .Yea I remember April she was a nice girl never had the opertunity to fish with her though .How the music coming along ? Lake Fausse Point is a beautiful place man a gatheirng ther would be awsome but there are always booked .Used to fish there .So when you gonna get down to Louisiana again .

7. scout

scout Member

State:
    Louisiana
    A flounder in Fausse point, man I am going to have to talk to that girl lol:rolleyes: . I have had had the pleasure of going to 2 gatherings with April and her brother. They are very good people. Duane is right, the campground is very nice and secluded. They have pretty good fishing there also. Vey nice size Sac-a-lait. Cabins are always booked.

8. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    I know she told me if we have a gathering at Fausse Point, she would take me to where we can get flounder. Maybe it was a place nearby. Next time I hear from her I'll clear up this issue.

As for when I'm coming back to La, I wish I could leave tomorrow, but don't know when.

9. scout

scout Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Hey Bob, Fausse point would be a great place to play that accordian :p . After I have a few drinks I might even dance lol:) .