Lake evans at fairmont park riverside

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by godsglad8tor, Jul 27, 2007.

1. godsglad8tor

godsglad8tor New Member

State:
    Riverside, CA
    hey guys, i got sick at quail lake last week, so i didnt get any fishing in until last night, we'll being out of a job has burdened me to take it easy on the bank account, so i decided to go somewhere free, since i cant go to quail lake again because of the gas issue, i chose to go to fairmont park to fish lake evans, my fishing buddy told me they do catch cats out of there in the early morning, he told me of a few spots, so last night i felt bored and was just itching to go fishing, left the house around 1:30am and got there at 2am, now technically the park is closed at that time, but my fishing buddy told me that police will not bug you if your there for fishing, they just dont want you causing trouble out there, anyways, i was using some night crawlers, shrimp, shad and my fav chicken livers w/ crushed garlic.. i fished off the shoreline and casted out to that long island, kinda hard to explain where i was exactly, all i know is its only 40 -50ft from the shorline, the first part of the island and tryed to get it close to the bank of the island, now i didnt know what to expect, i have fished here before during the day and got skunked every time, but now since it was the middle of the night, if they're were any kats in there, they should bite at this time, and bite they did, no fish until 3:45 when out of all poles, my smallest, 10lbtst line, size 6 hook w/ a nightcrawler dipped in orig hogwild had a fish on it, so i set the hook and was reeling her in, next thing you know my line just ran out of my reel, i was like what the heck, i fought this fish for about 10mins, praying it wasnt a carp lol, and i reeled in a very fat, 29inch, 15lb 2 oz channel...after what happend to me earlier this week with my stereo, this definently lifted my spirits, the only fish i caught that night, but i had fun, i guess its better to have a fishing buddy with you at that time of the night, theyre were alot of wierdos out that night, didnt bug me much, but still better to be safe than sorry.... happy fishing yall

here are some pics

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2.../DSC065981.jpg

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2.../DSC065972.jpg

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2.../DSC065941.jpg

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2.../DSC065931.jpg

2. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Thats a nice looking fish. Thanks for posting the pics.:big_smile_2::0a23:

3. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    FYI, there was quite a stir when someone caught a 60lb cat from Lake Evens.

4. godsglad8tor

godsglad8tor New Member

State:
    Riverside, CA
    geez tom, when did that happen, btw did you know the Press enterprise is doing an artical on fisherman pretty soon?

5. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    That's been a few years back, maybe 10 or more. Kinda hard to remember.
    I haven't been a P-E reader for more than 15 years. It's been that long since I lived in Riverside.

6. kastmaster

kastmaster New Member

State:
    California
    nice wish i caught a catfish like that

7. big taz

big taz New Member

State:
    california
    Way to go on the ninja fishing trophy. Some nice fillets on that one...

Keep it up..
    CS

8. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    Nicely done Mikey! That is pretty bold to head out by yourself in the middle of the night but I'm glad that it paid off for you. Thanks for sharing the pics!

9. godsglad8tor

godsglad8tor New Member

State:
    Riverside, CA
    thanks, i do not know what urged me to go that night but i went, never caught anything there before and i went several times, i know going alone is sometimes dangerous yet stupid, but i had a hatchet between my leggs just in case, i do not use that for that purpose, i use the butt in to pound my rod holders in the ground hehe

10. godsglad8tor

godsglad8tor New Member

State:
    Riverside, CA

filled a gallon bag:eek:oooh::smile2: