Lake Eufaula - Fishing good by Boat or Bank?

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by glenc, Dec 23, 2005.

1. glenc

glenc New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Anyone having luck at Eufaula right now? If so where and how are you fishing? Boat or Bank?

Thanks

Glen

2. willisjj

willisjj Guest

We finally got out today and hit Eufaula. We fished from the bank near Crowder Point, I think its called. The dang water is so low, we spent an hour driving around trying to find a decent spot. We ended up at the RV park thing there and we found a really nice spot. We caught channels all day long from about 9 a.m. to about 7 p.m. Most were very small though, and we only came home with 3 keepers. Enough for supper! Anyway, also pulled in a 12 lb. Carp, lol. He went back into the drink. If he was a little smaller I might have kept him for cut bait, but didn't feel like messing with him. Sure was a nice day, the wife and I ended up with sunburnt faces. Oh yeah, we caught everything on chicken livers and Danny King punchbait. Anyway, I have to head back to Wilburton tommorrow evening for my third week of the Correctional Academy, so I am going to go relax for a while and let this fried catfish settle in my stomach, lol.

3. glenc

glenc New Member

State:
    Oklahoma

Thanks for the update. I was going to go try for some bass or crappie this weekend and found that one of my darling children broke my $90 rod. Needless to say that ruined my weekend

4. okie_kat

okie_kat New Member

State:
    Eufaula, Ok
    Jeremy if you need a spot try the 150 bridge just north of Eufaula. The east side is in the channel. Also they have been catching good blues here in rolling oaks at the beach.

5. willisjj

willisjj Guest

Thanks for the info Rick. We are heading back up Saturday again. Don't know where to exactly yet. We may take your suggestion. Anyway, talk to you later!

6. willisjj

willisjj Guest

Headed back up to Eufaula yesterday and fished from about 7 a.m till about 9 p.m. Went back to Crowder point, just a little different area from last Saturday. We were planning on going up to Rolling Oaks and trying some of those Blues you were talking about Rick, but decided to just stay a little closer to home. It was chilly and rained from morning until about 2 or 3 in the afternoon. The bite was really slow! We caught some small channels very sporadically throughout the day, but that was about it. If we weren't so hardcore there is no way we would have stayed that long, especially being half wet all day, lol. Anyway, this coming weekend we aren't going to be able to get out as we are heading up to Pryor to visit the family and I have a metal detecting/ treasure hunting club meeting in Wagoner. The weekend after that though we will be out probably farther north on Eufaula and probably at one of the two places Rick mentioned in his prior post. We couldn't get into any crappie from the bank either, but there was a couple of guys in a boat Sat. night pulling em in left and right.

7. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    jeremy hey congrats on channels. Umay want to try the lake out towards robbers cave during the week. would have liked to gotten out there today but had a cert meeting. Take care down there in wiburville lol.

8. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey Guys,3 c/o's in a row, How about that Im going to keystone on friday,Me and my Best Bud Ret C/O Derek.

9. glenc

glenc New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I guess you can throw me in that list as well. I was a C.O. for 12 yrs :)

10. willisjj

willisjj Guest

Just finished up self defense week. Two weeks to go. Anyway, yeah, funny there are so many c/o's on here. I hope to get up to Robbers Cave and fish pretty soon. Probably back to Eufaula somewhere this weekend hopefully, although I kind of have a messed up shoulder right now, so my wife may have to cast for me, lol. Anyway, I will let yall know if I do any good!

11. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    S/d week ,We clled that Hell week,Be glad just your sholder herts.Is Todd Lilerd the bad to the bone or what!!!I had alot of fun over there.But when the ---- hit's the fan some of then wrist locks and arm bars will just pop out like you have used them all your life and it WORK'S.So trust your training and keep your eye's and ear's open and DON'T ever get Comfertable....And have fun!!!! Latter--------------:cool: