Lake erie

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Dmcsa1201, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Dmcsa1201

Dmcsa1201 New Member

State:
    Shaler/Pit
    I will have my pictures up from steelhead fishing in erie soon when i went up for my first time ever in november of 08. i didnt get a chance to fill the rest of the roll up until recently. I will hope fully have them up buy wednesday evening.

Any one been up this year yet?

2. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    We did have an Erie steelhead thread for awhile. I went up over half a dozen times this year. I stay away from there in the fall and usually dont get up there till winter. Too many people for me in the fall. We usually start in the end of December. The weather is usually pretty brutal, but there are very few other guys to contend with.

3. Dmcsa1201

Dmcsa1201 New Member

State:
    Shaler/Pit
    Yea i believe i started the thread late last year cause i was going up for steelhead and was lookin for some insight as to how to catch and where to go bc it was my first time. But thats usually the time ill end up going up anyway is during the end of the year. But wanted to show the rest of you my catches.

4. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    Lemme know if you want to go up this coming winter. Sometimes we just go up for the day, but most times we drive up in the afternoon and stay either at my buddies camp in Cambridge Springs or at a house in Edinboro that my soon to be mother in law owns. I usually fish East side but were starting to experiment with some outta the way West side places.

5. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    heard someone caught a 19 pound steelhead up there last year.

6. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    I tried the Erie Steelhead fishing for the first time after Thanksgiving 2008. It wasn't fast and furious action, but I have able to land around a dozen steelhead in days of fishing.

My biggest was arond 8 or 9lbs.

Beats them stockers anyday!

I plan to go westward again this year too!

7. I am dying to get up there with my boat and hit that place and do some Smallmouth fishing.

8. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    I am trying to go to the western basin of Lake Erie by Toledo for my spring break in April. We're hoping to get on some of the action on the Maumee River for it's world famous walleye run.

I'm looking for the 30 incher!:cool2:

9. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I'd like to get up there this summer and catch some channel cats. I never made it up this winter to do some steelhead fishing, I'll get them next year.

10. Dmcsa1201

Dmcsa1201 New Member

State:
    Shaler/Pit
    Pictures from Novembers trip up erie for the first time.

Attached Files:

11. Dmcsa1201

Dmcsa1201 New Member

State:
    Shaler/Pit
    Continued

Attached Files:

12. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    i'm with you on that.

13. Dmcsa1201

Dmcsa1201 New Member

State:
    Shaler/Pit
    Im heading up to erie in the am do do some fishing. mainly steelhead but if that doesnt work out then im movin on to some walleye perch crappie or anything that wants to bite. lol. so hopefully i can catch some fish and get some more pictures.

14. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    good luck and hope you have a blast.

15. Dmcsa1201

Dmcsa1201 New Member

State:
    Shaler/Pit
    Just got back from erie. Colder than i thought it was gonna get. Morning pretty much was a bummer till the sun crested over the mountains. The creek was all slushy and icy till the sun got to it. Water looked good for the most part but was muddy in places. I caught a couple and lost a few. But it was still fun to go up to get some fishing in.

16. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    glad ya had a good time.

17. Cattn-Jeep

Cattn-Jeep New Member

State:
    NC
    It's been a long while since I've been trout fishing... For steelheads, we always had the best luck fishing the mouth of 4-Mile creek. It's the "secret" spot. :wink:
    http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=42.159286,-80.029309&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

As far as cats go,
    Jolie was saying that the South Pier is great place for Channels too.
    I would also love to see what's living in the lagoons of Presque Isle as far as cats go.

18. moose22dog

moose22dog New Member

State:
    YINZERBURGH,PA
    have any of you try use cut steelies for bait, i have a freezer full. i'v been laid off since thanksgiving so need list to say i would go up there as much as i could. i might go up again this spring will have to check the reports. if anyone wants to go i know some small streams that don't get fished alot. one is only 30 feet from were you can park..lol...justin:cool2: