Lake Erie - is anyone out there

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Hookman, Feb 2, 2007.

1. Hookman

Hookman New Member

State:
    dELYRIAs ohio
    is anyone still fishing around lake erie? i fish around the mouth of the black river and in the river. i sure would like to find some other good spots along the lake. ? were to go & how to fish for blues & flats. ....hookman....

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I have never fished it but when I get up that way this summer hopefully we can hook up and get them monsters out up there.

3. james_s333

james_s333 New Member

State:
    byesville,ohio
    i havent fished lake erie sense about june of 06...but i go to sandusky bay i do real good there i dont know about right now this time of year....if you want big ones then use mr.twisters with a aggitatior about 3 feet above it catch a few small white bass and use them as your bait or even at sandusky bay i do good with worms....if i ever make back north ill hook up with you and we can hit the bay together

4. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I'm not sure about the blues and flats in Lake Erie. What I have heard is only spotty and unconfirmed reports of flatheads. I haven't heard anything about blues except the larger channels that are often mistakenly called blues. I have heard alot of good info about Vermillion River so I plan to give it a try a few times this year.

5. james_s333

james_s333 New Member

State:
    byesville,ohio
    i know there are flatties there i caught a few in sheffield lake across from giant eagle out on the pairs....using freash minnows...they where small,and i seen ppl catch blues out at sandusky bay....using white bass as bait...their there but you just have to find them