Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
I would say that there probably are flatheads in Lake Erie, if not naturally, then by being introduced by other anglers. How big of a population I could not even guess at. I know that channel catfishing can be great on the lake.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I`m sure at some point sombody has introduced flatheads into Erie if they weren`t already there,and I believe most would be caught by accident by anglers targeting other sport fish.

·
Registered
897 Posts
i remember years ago a picture of a kid with a catfish caught by the ford plant in lorain. didnt pay much attention to it at the time but it definantly wasnt a channel. that pic has stuck in my mind since. :big_smile: :cool2:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Two yrs. ago a friend an I were up on Erie an I seen him catch a flathead about 15 lbs, the only flathead that I have personally seen caught there, if theres one..................theres gonna be some good fishin ahead.:big_smile:

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Finally someone has confirmed flatheads being in Lake Erie and I agree with you, flatheads can grow to be monstrous in the lake, thanks for the info. Gary.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.