Lake Erie catfish

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by zeboman, Mar 6, 2008.

1. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I have caught some nice channels from Erie but never any flatheads or bullheads, have any of you ever caught cats other than channels?

2. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I have only caught channels. I have never heard of any verified reports of flatheads.

3. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I wonder why that is, flatheads are everywhere it seems.

4. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I would say that there probably are flatheads in Lake Erie, if not naturally, then by being introduced by other anglers. How big of a population I could not even guess at. I know that channel catfishing can be great on the lake.

5. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I`m sure at some point sombody has introduced flatheads into Erie if they weren`t already there,and I believe most would be caught by accident by anglers targeting other sport fish.

6. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    i remember years ago a picture of a kid with a catfish caught by the ford plant in lorain. didnt pay much attention to it at the time but it definantly wasnt a channel. that pic has stuck in my mind since. :big_smile: :cool2:

7. riv56

riv56 New Member

State:
    pennsylvania
    Two yrs. ago a friend an I were up on Erie an I seen him catch a flathead about 15 lbs, the only flathead that I have personally seen caught there, if theres one..................theres gonna be some good fishin ahead.:big_smile:

8. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Finally someone has confirmed flatheads being in Lake Erie and I agree with you, flatheads can grow to be monstrous in the lake, thanks for the info. Gary.