Lake Elsinore

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by godsglad8tor, Jun 17, 2007.

1. godsglad8tor

godsglad8tor New Member

State:
    Riverside, CA
    Has anyone been there latley, been thinking about going...

2. askins00

askins00 New Member

State:
    California
    I have lived in the Lake Elsinore area for the past 7 years and I have fished that lake maybe 5 times and only seen carp come out of that lake. I would wait till it clears up a bit. It is a very shallow lake too. It is only 26 ft deep. I wouldn't recommend going there even if you have a boat.

3. godsglad8tor

godsglad8tor New Member

State:
    Riverside, CA
    man i had no idea:waaaht: thanks

4. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    not to say somthing is wrong here, but they had a kids tourniment there not that long ago and it went well. i've caught some nice channels out of that lake over the past yrs also. there are bass and cats in the lake, but like said, mostly seen are the carp.
    gary

5. askins00

askins00 New Member

State:
    California
    Yes they did just have a kids fishing tornament there and if you call Pat Kilroy the lake director and ask him he will tell you that the netted off a large cove and stocked that area so the kids would have a chance to catch something. I was there and my son had a blast catching catfish.

6. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    i do remember that they netted a cove off now that you reminded me. but i know there are other fish in the lake. at least there sure used to be. hard to believe that they've all died off except for the carp.
    gary

7. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Gary, I can remember walking across that lake when there wasn't a drop of water in it. Elsinore is a shallow bowl that has a huge algae bloom and subsequent fish die off almost every year. The DFG works hard at keeping fish stocks up in the lake and there are bass, crappie, bluegill, channel catfish, and wipers to be caught but the numbers have never been great.

8. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    arrrrrrrrggggg, i stand properly corrected. :embarassed: i didn't know it'd gone dry.
    like i'd said, it's been a few yrs for me now since i've fished it.
    gary

9. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Gary, Elsinore was dry for many years but that was about 45 years ago that I walked across it.

10. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California

Tom, and Gary.... They have sufficient water there now, I believe.... was there several years back (5) and folks were catching some cats there...

I did not have any luck throwing for LM Bass... have to check out the WON to get the local action...Nothing showing in the paper....

bayrunner ray