Lake El Reno

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Phil Washburn, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    anyone been there lately? me and Okccatman (David Frantz) are going tomorrow afternoon....

2. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    I'll be waiting to see Phil's 80 lb Flathead that he catches out of El Reno. :cool2: It's been two years since I last fished El Reno....not I couldn't tell you much. I did catch a 14 pounder maybe he's a little bigger and waiting for you guys.

3. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    come and go with us, Chris - we could use the company and expertise:big_smile:

4. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    Phil, I'll try and be there.

5. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    excellent, Will! i hope you can make it:smile2:

6. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    Was anything caught??
    Was planning on going, but the brakes are in need of replacement.
    Will

7. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    I don't know about the expertise part, problem is it's too far of a drive for one night of fishing unless I'm down there for work. I had boy scout camp to attend to anyways...hope you guys caught something.

8. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    well, it sucked! me and david got there about 7:30. he got us some nice shad with his net. i brought minnows, goldfish, worms, shrimp, and some DK punch bait.
    we were fishing at 15 of 8 and left at midnight. i had 2 bites and he had one....in 4 hours:embarassed:

i had 5 rods and he fished 4. several others fishing around us and nobody catching anything. we fished bottom, slip floats and lots of different tackle...we would have gladly stayed the night but we didn't even catch one fish in 4 hours:sad2:

we probably should have stayed the night, but with the lake higher than we had seen it and no action at all, i got discouraged. the weather has really affected spawn this spring. i have been on several bodies of water and the result has been the same.....................i ain't giving up - they are gonna bite soon:smile2: