Lake Dillon

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by ryang, Jun 26, 2007.

1. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Im going to be camping with the family at Dillon for the week of 4th of July. We will get there Sunday and leave Friday. If anyone wants to hook up let me know PM me for my Cell.

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Good luck buddy, hope you get some biguns.

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    gary, im off for the 4th. have to see what is going on next week. would like to bring the wife and daughter over though. maybe we coulg go on the night before and do alittle cattin since im off the 4th...? rollo

4. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Good luck Ryan, I hope you can post a biggun or two, I think you are due.

5. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Skip Ill be in the right area now I just have to produce. Ill put some good nights there at the spillway. Where on the Muskegum thats close to there is good?

6. james_s333

james_s333 New Member

State:
    byesville,ohio
    i've fished the spillway a few times and got some nice flattie's and channels from there i could meet up with you there and fish some

7. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    give me a p.m if you need alittle help ryang. i know a few spots you could hit only 10-20 minutes away..rollo

8. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    The only bank spot I'd reccomend with the water this warm and low is up at Ellis. But you cannot catch them there all the time. Some nights they are in there, then at times you can't buy a bite for days. The oxygen levels are high at the dam, which brings in the shad. I have my best luck this time o year up there on giant (big as I can catch) shad lol.

9. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Another question for you, on the tail race what is the best bait there shad? Ill be really trying to get some at the spillway if the cast net doesnt work Ill try some gills that I can catch at the end of the spillway.

10. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Big and live, whatever you can get. Shad are prefered, crappie next then bullheads/small channels, and carp. Hook them in the nose so they can lay facing the current easier. cast out into the scour hole or the tail out where it gets shallow. If you hook any, pull them out and down quick as you can or they will get your line at an angle and cut you off on the lock wall as they head back to the dam face.

11. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    the shad weren't in the spillway like usual today. i did manage a half a bucket though. there were some good schools of nice shad off the dam side. that were easy pickens from the rock.

12. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Getting ready to leave and set up the tent, hopefully some of us can meet up. Tonight (not sure what time) Ill be at the spillway getting into a huge Flatty :smile2:.

13. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    Gary,what campsite are you going to be at and will you have a cell with you

14. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Gary,
    You all have a great time and be safe!!! Happy 4th also! I hope you get into a bunch of monster cats and get you a new PB!!!:cross: :wink::smile2:
    I wanna see pics when you get back!!! :0a1:

15. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Well all Im back and even tho I was in prime fishing waters I caught nothing :smile2:. Really most of the time I went out it was very hot hadnt rained in awhile so the lake was low and the spillway wasnt moving very fast either. I tried all types of bait (nothing live as I couldnt even catch bait :embarassed:). Plus I was taking my son with my and sometime both boys and that hinders a little. tspergin stoped by the campsite and gave me some shad/gills/chubs (frozen), thank you Tony. I was able to go to the backwaters and use them however I was run off by a pack of coons that would steal my bait I really didnt want bit. All in all I liked it better than Buckeye :smile2: and wouldnt have traded the great times I had with my family.

16. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    well glad you had a good time Gary even if ya didnt catch any fish

17. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Ryan, will you please let me take you out on the boat once this year?
    You deserve a night by yourself to at least get a feel for a nice flathead.
    You supply the hotdogs and I'll supply the live bait lol.