Lake Darling

Discussion in 'IOWA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by iabowhunter, Dec 1, 2008.

1. iabowhunter

iabowhunter New Member

State:
    South East Iowa
    I saw some pictures today from a guy at work who was snagging flathead at lake darling last weekend. The DNR is lowering the lake to work on the dam and is allowing people to take the fish any way they can. He had one that weighed in at 57 pounds and said that there was a 70 - 80 pound flattie stuck in the mud that no one could get to.

It is pretty sad that the Iowa DNR is doing this. It wasn't 3 years ago that they were shocking the Skunk river for flathead and putting them in lake darling. They are not even atempting to remove the flatheads form darling. This is comming from the guy that shared the photos with me.

2. davesoutfishing

davesoutfishing New Member

State:
    Menominee Michigan
    yea they did the same thing when they drained lake geode in southeast Iowa they just let em come out and get what they want didnt care how either also the metal detecting guys had a hay day out their lol

3. sadam

sadam New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I agree, it's pretty sad fisheries do things like this. The stretch of river that they were shocking is what I grew up fishing with bank poles but after they shocked it it was terrible so we moved up river to the forks of the North and South Skunk. I guess there is a reason they are called the Department of Natural Retards, Damn Near Retarded, and Does Nothing Right.

4. Wolfdog

Wolfdog New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Drove around the lake Fr. and what was not surpirsed at the way it looks. They need to do it right this time.

5. FLETCH

FLETCH Member

State:
    Villisca Iowa
    Name:
    Ron
    just don't let the dnr see him doin that because I live in Iowa and I always thought snagging/ bowfishing dynamiting/ and shocking were illegal in IOWA ON CATFISH.

6. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    There are certain times they allow "promiscuous" fishing. When they are draining a lake is one of those times.
    Once I have heard they did it when a river was are entirely frozen over. Read ice so thick there was so little water there was little oxygen.
    Anyway they chain sawed holes in the ice and gigged fish.
    Check the DNR website.
    have a good one
    just