Lake Darling 5/17

Discussion in 'IOWA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by AJG, May 17, 2008.

1. AJG

AJG New Member

State:
    iowa
    Went fishing at Lake Darling. Action was slow but did manage to catch one fish 26" long 12 pound channel cat. Anyone been having any luck at Coralville ?

Attached Files:

2. iabowhunter

iabowhunter New Member

State:
    South East Iowa
    Congrats on the cat. What did you use for bait? I haven't fished Darling forever. I'll have to get up there some time.

3. Wolfdog

Wolfdog New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Nice fish !!! Same here will have to get up that way.

4. AJG

AJG New Member

State:
    iowa
    Was using cut up sun fish in 3' to 5' of water.

5. vtjefferson

vtjefferson New Member

State:
    IA
  6. iabowhunter

iabowhunter New Member

State:
    South East Iowa
    It's on highway 78 between Richland and Brighton in SE Iowa. About 10-13 miles North of Fairfield

7. sadam

sadam New Member

State:
    Iowa
    HAHAHA this is too damn funny. Adam do you remember talking to the DNR when you were out there at Lake Darling? I was the younger of the two nosing around your boat and checking out your catch. It was a nice fish, the biggest we've seen come out so far, which is somewhat a disappointment. Hope you come back and give it another try. Remember guys if you want to fish Lake Darling get here before Labor Day because the dam is planned to be broke Sept. 2nd. The lake will also be drained for two years after, and possibly three if we keep having this odd weather. Do any of you ever fish the spillway? That is the only place I spend the time fishing at Lake Darling, seems to be much more productive since there are so many fish jammed into the Honey Creek. Best wishes,

Seth