Lake Darbonne

Discussion in 'LOCAL LOUISIANA TALK' started by BYCURLY, Sep 20, 2008.

1. BYCURLY

BYCURLY New Member

State:
    LA
    Hey guys, after reading, watching, learning from this site I went to Darbonne for about the 3rd time in my life targeting catfish. I fished from 8pm to about 2am and using the ideas and tactics from this site I took home 25 channels and 1 2lb blue. The channels weren't big but ranged from 1 1/2 to 4 lbs. threw back some really small ones. Anyway, Just wanted to thank everyone for there posts, tactics on this site. You guys really are helping out people like myself. Thanks again, Curly.

2. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Way to go Curly.

Keep trying for those cats in D'Arbonne. There are some really big ones in there.

3. gonefishing

gonefishing New Member

State:
    Near Monroe LA
    Way to go there sounds like your getting on the right track there. I take it that you near Monroe or Ruston, I am in Eros not to far apart.

Sam W

4. BYCURLY

BYCURLY New Member

State:
    LA
    Hey Sam, I live just north of Ruston off of hwy 33. I went this am and caught 11 and brought home 8 channels. None real big but good eaters. Darbonne is down about 3 ft in the last 2 weeks and dropping fast. I'm not sure how far their gonna let it drop but soon the fish (no matter what your after) will be stacked in the creek channels cause its gonna be the only place they can go.

5. gonefishing

gonefishing New Member

State:
    Near Monroe LA
    Thanks I am off in the middle of next weel I may give it a try then.