LAKE DARBONNE

Discussion in 'LOUISIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by zackjohnson_57, Jan 22, 2010.

1. zackjohnson_57

zackjohnson_57 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    any big catfish in lake darbonne? all ive hooked up with was 1 1/2 to 2lbs. any help would be nice

2. Igottheblues!

Igottheblues! New Member

State:
    Minden, Louisia
    I can't tell you WHERE to find them, but there are some hosses in Darbonne for sure. My neighbor stopped by my house last summer with eight, that went from thirty to fifty something pounds. Said he got em on Darbonne. I been wanting to go find some for myself.....Good Luck !

3. boatstall

boatstall New Member

State:
    North Louisiana
    Darbonne has got the fish, but hasn't been giving many up this winter. High water, muddy, and lots of current. Worst winter in a long time for fishing, even the crappie have been few and far between. Unfortunately all of our lakes in North Louisiana seem to be in the same shape. Man I sure hope we have a dry spring, cause if it's a rainy one...

4. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    its an el-nino year this year. they say its gonna be a wet one

5. zackjohnson_57

zackjohnson_57 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    i hear yall. i was there one night last year and some one there caught 4 spoonbill catfish weighing about 50 lb ea i couldnt catch nothing i had to askem what they was catching them on and he told me really little pieces of shad well i said i would try it cause they wasnt bitin nuthin else so why no and i hooked up with a 54 lb spoon bill ever since then i been there at that spillway tryin to get another one but it hasnt happened yet. but now thats all i use and i aint caught nuthin but a couple of 1 1/2 lbers and its really aggrevating. CANT WAIT TILL SPRING

6. CatfishinDave

CatfishinDave New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I used to fish the spillway a lot, CPR'd a spoonbill I'm sure was over 60 there. Didn't even have the hook... was rolled up in my line. I need to hit it up again soon.