Lake Cumberland

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Flootie16, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey I used to fish there a lot in the summers before the lake went low. I was just wondering if anyone knows what the catfishing is like right now with the water being low. I wanna know if they are biting real well or not at all.

2. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Wish I could be of some help . Read an article in ky afield that strpiers and walleye were good at the dam . Those aren't the species you asked about but you may pick up some cats on the same baits .

3. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    thank you lance, i used to fish a lot up in fishing creek down there and always did real well on catching nice flats in the backwaters. but fishing the dam will be new to me. and if i cant catch any cats then i should have fun catching walleye and stripers. thanks for the info

4. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    You are welcome let us know how you do ! It's been a couple years since I fished there . If it wasn't for the boc,ky fish and game and ky afield I would be about useless . I fish when I can when I can . Hoping to have some boc members join me on the KY river @ Boonesboro Oct.11th if all goes well .

5. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    where exactly is boonesboro at? ill be down louisville all week and if its not more than a few hours out of my way, ill swing down that way.

6. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Boonesboro is Southeast of Lexington and Southwest of Winchester Maybe 3 hrs. from Louisville I want to get over to Cumberland lake probably in the spring though

7. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Thanks ken for manning the board !

8. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Not a problem man figured I could get him within the ball park on that one. I've been down that way so much lately it's beginning to feel like home to me:wink::smile2: