Lake Cumberland

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by bigcatman, May 29, 2007.

1. bigcatman

bigcatman New Member

State:
    Ashville, Ohio
    me and my mom are thinking about comeing down to lake cumberland for a week nad i wonted to know how well the catfishing is and some hot spots maybe

2. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    if im thinking of the right place they have that lake way down becouse of the dam is leaking you might wont to cheak it out first

3. KYMatt

KYMatt New Member

You are right Bill, I live 2 hours away from Lake Cumberland, and It has been in the News around here a lot about the Water level being down because of the Dam.

The big topic right now is that the Army Engineers are wanting to take the water level down some more; which would hurt the economy of Lake Cumberland area, because it is one of the top boating destinations in America (Rated by the Travel Channel)

4. bigcatman

bigcatman New Member

State:
    Ashville, Ohio
    ya i heard about the lake being down from the guides web site that we are plaing on taking for some stripers but will it hurt the catfishing wirt the lake being low as it is

5. smells like old liver!

smells like old liver! New Member

State:
    kentucky
    anyone fish it latley? we've caught some nice fish there in the past and even got screwed at a tournament last year. seems if the water is down it would be some good fishing

6. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i wanna get down there soon just to check it out. i heard there were some marinas that were completely on dry ground now.....

7. bigcatman

bigcatman New Member

State:
    Ashville, Ohio
    wow on dry ground that blows for that place as long as conley bottom is still good i might try it out but i dont know yet

8. smells like old liver!

smells like old liver! New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I fished cumberland sat.night caught 6 smallest was about 3lb. largest was 8lb. the other people I spoke with had also caught fish. the water is really but at one time I seen A depth of 128' on my fish finder!

9. slhamm

slhamm New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Been fishing Cumberland off and on the last couple of weeks for a few hours in the evening. Mostly after what little rain showers we've had. Had pretty desent success fishing nightcrawlers off of structure about 20 to 25ft deep. Primarily the Pitman creek area. The largest was about a 7lb flat.