Lake Cumberland Catfishing Spots

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by MattyGfishing, Dec 29, 2008.

1. MattyGfishing

MattyGfishing New Member

State:
    Hawaii
    Where are the best spots to catch Channel and Flathead Catfish? And what are the best baits for the Flatheads?

2. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    I have never fish Lake Cumberland but I figure the bait will be cut bait Bluegill, Shad maybe Skipjack for channels. Live bait for flatheads Bluegill or Shad. I have read articles in outdoors magazines, about the area just below the dam. They said the area has huge catfish and in good numbers. It has been several years sense reading them but I'm thinking the articles made mention of big Blues as well.

3. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
  4. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    There is threadfin and gizzard shad and alewives and of coarse bluegills . A delorme lake map might help in finding general areas to get you started .

5. MattyGfishing

MattyGfishing New Member

State:
    Hawaii
    Thanks, I will try those out Ken.

6. trcat

trcat New Member

State:
    Ky.
    some say cats can be found in the creek channels and flats off the main river/lake.

7. JRA

JRA New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I have caught a few flatheads bottom fishing for stripers, and we catch channels a lot pulling boards with bait (again for stripers). I would think this would be a very difficult lake to target flatheads since there is not a lot of cover, especially near the main river channel. Here is a recent discussion about catfishing on Cumberland: http://lakecumberland.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=24498. These people, however, seem to be largely interested in meat rather than catfishing per se.