Lake Cowan

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by shenbitt, Apr 27, 2006.

1. shenbitt

shenbitt New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Going to Cowan this weekend to camp and fish. Hoping the rain doesn't come in like I have been hearing. Going to go and camp all night, cast fish during the day and through bait at night.

shenbitt

2. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Hey Shenbitt, Good luck and hope you will bring us back a great report! Im tied up this weekend or would have loved to meet up with you for a while, maybe in the future.
    I assume youll be fishing near the campground

Salmonid

3. Mathersm

Mathersm New Member

State:
    Darbydale, Ohio
    Good luck, and bring back lots of pictures.

4. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Crappie & Cats, Crappie & Cats, Crappie & Cats, thats what I want to see!!!! I'll be there myself in a couple of weeks.

5. bigjohn513

bigjohn513 New Member

when you coming down mellon?

6. shenbitt

shenbitt New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    So sorry I have to report bad news. Fished the dam for almost 8hrs caught 1 sunfish on a minnow and what looked to be a small mouth bass on a worm. I went to a few other places and no one really caught anything. One guy in a boat said he had caught a few crappie but, well away from the normal fishing lanes. I did see a few people at the dam pull out some crappie but they were real small. No large fish caught I heard of at the baitshop either. Since I don't know the lake well however I probably wasn't fishing in the REALLY good spots. Well at least the camping was fun and I got my brother in laws knife really really sharp. :lol:

shenbitt

7. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Big John, sometime between 5/6-5/16