Lake Corpus Christi

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by ChrisCraig, Mar 9, 2008.

1. ChrisCraig

ChrisCraig New Member

State:
    Texas
    Has anyone fished there? Went over Thanksgiving. Did pretty good for fist time on that lake.

2. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    plan on camping there in mid June, they say the fishing is pretty good right now

3. ChrisCraig

ChrisCraig New Member

State:
    Texas
    Stayed @ KOA in Swinney Switch exit47. nice park. Two ramps, not too good for large boats with tall trailers, but park is nice. Full hookup and cabins. Good luck. I plan on going back soon.

4. jrbb00

jrbb00 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Be there this weekend and plan on putting in north of the KOA and fishing the mouth of the river. Acording to a budy of mine they are doing good. Fair numbers of eating size fish but no big ones yet.

5. ChrisCraig

ChrisCraig New Member

State:
    Texas
    Is there another ramp north of KOA? Private or public?

6. jrbb00

jrbb00 New Member

State:
    Texas
    The one I use is private,but if I remember corectly there is one just outside of Denero on the river. But do not quote me I am not a 100% shure.

7. jrbb00

jrbb00 New Member

State:
    Texas
    It was wishfull thing that I was going to give you a good report, but I can not. We put out 20 jugs and ran them all day. We caught a total of two fish both were caught on soap. We fished just south of the rail road bridge and did not do to well. I did not feel bad due to the fact that others who were running lines did not do to fair either. Just an off day on the water but well worth every second of it and had a blast even with two fish. Both were under a pound.
    Sorry I could not help out better but good luck and enjoy.

8. ChrisCraig

ChrisCraig New Member

State:
    Texas
    Well, a bad day fishing is better than a good day working. Sorry for the bad luck.

9. jrbb00

jrbb00 New Member

State:
    Texas
    That was good luck. I was not mowing grass or taking orders from my boss. You are so totaly right a bad day fishing is better than a good day at work.