Lake Conroe

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by BloomKSU, Apr 15, 2008.

1. BloomKSU

BloomKSU New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Im moving to Conroe this summer and was wonderin if anyone knows anything about this lake the fishing reports look good, but when i was there it looked like the whole lake was nothing but bulkheads. If any one knows any good fishing spots around there let me know maybe we could get together this summer.

2. Jaylake_21

Jaylake_21 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Hey there. Welcome to the area. Im here in Bryan/College Station. I havent really heard alot of positive feedback about Lake Conroe. I have however heard good things about Gibbons Creek Resovoir & Lake Somerville. Both lakes are located in this area. You can look at some of the posts in the other sections on here, and theres a few that talk about good fishing spots at Gibbons Creek. Good luck fishing. Lemme know if you need anything.

3. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    welcome to the boc its great to have you aboard

4. TexDan

TexDan New Member

State:
    Texas
    Let me tell ya...if you like to fish, you are moving into one of the finest areas in the state. Think of Lake Conroe like three lakes. the part south of the 1097 bridge is heavily developed. The section between the 1097 bridge and the 1375 bridge is a lot more fisherman friendly and north of the 1375 bridge is a wonderful stump infested jungle often referred to as Stubblefield Lake. The part north of the 1375 bridge is mostly undeveloped and a lot of it is National Forest land. Whatever part you fish though, it is infested with catfish.

If you get tired of Conroe you can hop over to Lake Livingston...think Conroe times 5! The Trinity River runs north out of Lake Livingston through lots of great catfish country. Just North you have in order, Raven (in Huntsville State Park), Gibbons Creek out 30 from Huntsville, Lake Limestone and Lake Fairfield(Another beautiful Lake in a State Park.) Fairfield like Gibbons Creak is a cooling lake for a power plant. It has the added benefit of Redfish that will often add a drag burning experience to an evenings catfishing. There is also Houston County Lake over near Lufkin and Lake Houston southeast of Conroe near Houston. Sam Rayburn, Toleto Bend and Richland Chambers are also all within a reasonable distance for a weekend trip.

5. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Welcome to the BOC from Central Texas, can't be any help on Conroe.