Lake Conroe Texas

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by mch4fishing, Nov 23, 2005.

1. mch4fishing

mch4fishing New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Hello all,
    Ok well here we go. I am moving from the high desert in california to Willis Texas. Lake Conroe seems to be a great place to fish. We should be there right after the first of the year so if any one wants to get the lines wet lets let it done :)
    looking forward to meeting my new Texas fishing Bro's
    Marc

2. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Good luck on your move. Used to visit one of my ex's grandmother in Willis, actually a few miles out of town. She lived in a log cabin built in the '20's. Conroe is a good catfish, bass, and bluegill (we call 'em bream down here) lake. Plenty of choices for fishing and Willis is only a few miles from several good launch sites. The only problem with mid-lake, that's the part nearest Willis is the damn ski boats and jet skis when its warm.

3. mch4fishing

mch4fishing New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Once again thank you for the info. I want to head over by the bridge.
    Sat in the shade the last time I was down and had a Blast one hit after another. Fun stuff

4. Gentleben

Gentleben New Member

State:
    Huffman, Texas
    Marc try Cagle recreation park it is great for campin and stuff, lake is down right now but will soon be up and great for cats and crappie bass and bream!! Cagle is just due west out of Willis on the east side of the lake :)

5. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Talked to a guy that fishes the lower lake on a regular basis. He says he has good luck fishing the bulheads in the subdivisions. The shad get right up against the bulkheads and the catfish follow them. Cagle is a good area, especially near the islands and marshy area across from Cagle. There's a deep hole in that area where the cats like to hang out, especially in warm or really cold weather. Think the hole was an old farm pond or a borrow pit when they built the bridge.