Lake Chickamauga blue catfish 4-09-07

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by EricM, Apr 9, 2007.

1. EricM

EricM Active Member

State:
    Cleveland TN
    Finally got back on the water after all that cold wind! The blues are active even though the water flow is very low. Caught 25 in 5 hours today, average 10 lb, largest 20 lb, all on cut skipjack, most in 40' +/- on the drop-offs into 50' of water. Some channel cats are showing up on top of the drop-offs, and bass fishermen are getting several 3 to 6 pounders shallow. Good fishing!

2. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thanks for the report.

3. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    I hope there Bitting that good here Thursday.
    Taking a guy out that has not caught a fish bigger then 10 lbs . So I hope he can break that by a good ways Thursday.
    Also let us have some water here in west tn.:big_smile:
    Are you anchored down on the holes or drifting?

Pete

4. EricM

EricM Active Member

State:
    Cleveland TN
    It's always fun to help someone get that first big cat! I do controlled drifting using the trolling motor. I seem to do a lot better that way where I fish. Lots of people here do well anchored too, so it's just what you like the best!

5. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Controlled drifting is the way to go. Anyone that has not fished this way. Does not know what there missing out on.
    I have been doing it, Well lets see I got my first trolling motor around 1976. But we did it before that with a sculling paddle.
    Pete

6. EricM

EricM Active Member

State:
    Cleveland TN
    Let us know how it went!

7. xmannt

xmannt New Member

State:
    TN
    Whats the trick to getting the Cats to bite in the cold weather? Glad someone is getting the chance to pull them out.

8. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    Controlled drifting is the most fun way to catch catfish for me. We haven't gotten off the crappie yet so I have no reports for this season yet but we'll get-r-done here pretty soon. See you on the water Eric.

Cheez