Lake Chichamauga Blues 3-20-07

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by EricM, Mar 20, 2007.

1. EricM

EricM Active Member

State:
    Cleveland TN
    Just wanted to let you know that the big blues are moving onto the spring pattern here. Sunday I caught the 84 pounder, and today managed to put a 52 and a 45-11 into the net, all released of course. It's time for everyone to dust off the boat and hit the river! Good Fishing!

2. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    This is good news. And nice fish man.

3. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Eric you are makeing me drool all over the place.:tounge_out:
    Thanks for the reports. Maybe soon I can get out on the water and get after them. You know its a shame something like work gets in the way.:big_smile:

4. Heath J

Heath J New Member

State:
    Cleveland,
    I'm definately going to have to hit you up for a crash course for beginners. You trade trips for bags of M&M's? LOL!!! I am glad to hear of the results and lets see some pics if you got them.

5. rwilley3

rwilley3 New Member

State:
    Brighton, Tenne
    Wow
    Those are some super fish. You guys drift or how do you fish up there? Is it a lake or river. Just interested in some of the details if you don't mind telling.

6. EricM

EricM Active Member

State:
    Cleveland TN
    Chickmauga is a reservoir on the Tennesse River between two dams, probably 60 miles apart. The current varies, but almost always exists. Fishing is best with a good amount of current. It's about 55 feet deep in most of the channel. I personally use a modified drift, controlled with my trolling motor, about 1/2 current speed, and I bounce (or jig) cut bait down the channel edges and across any irregularity I can find - humps, ledges, old stream beds, etc. There are others here who anchor in holes or other calmer spots and throw out several baits and some of them do very well also. Hope this helps! Eric

7. FAT_CAT

FAT_CAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    nice fish man. I'm from athens, tn and do most of my fishing at watts bar near the dam. i was wondering if you've ever fished ft. loudon near the dam??? i made the wife stop with me on the way back from ripleys aquarium in gatlinburg and we saw some pretty big fish jumping....probably stripers. i want to give it a try this weekend from the walkway but i wasn't sure if it was worth it or not. again, nice fish man!!

8. EricM

EricM Active Member

State:
    Cleveland TN
    Fat Cat: I've fished below the dam at Ft. Loudon several times, but believe it or not never for cats. I happen to know that in the spring quite a number of big blues come out of there, and when the striped bass are running it can be great. In fact, my second largest striper (38") is from there. I see a lot of folks fishing from the walkway area so I assume it must be fairly good. Sorry not to be more help. Good luck!